Tower Lord Should No Longer Block Volley

Find any bug ? Report it !
Alvis
Soldier
Soldier

Tower Lord Should No Longer Block Volley

This is related to viewtopic.php?p=6834&hilit=volley#p6834 which was locked due to lack of screenshots.

Here's the issue: Right now, if you volley the roof of a tower or a central keep, the keep lord or tower lord will block your volley.

This was (in my uninformed analysis) a brute force way to make it impossible for archers to volley inside a keep or tower. However, as pointed out in the bug report referenced above, it had the effect of creating a column of invulnerability to volley that had a seemingly infinite height. It seems nonsensical that a catapult, for example, can hit a tower roof while Volley cannot.

With Eden Patch #55, however, this sledgehammer approach to preventing volley inside buildings is no longer needed:
- Volley can no longer hit targets under roof.
- The 150 z-range limit in keeps for GTAOE spells have been removed.

In my view, this eliminates the need for the Tower or Keep Lord blocking volley. Yet, this still exists. Consider these two screenshots of me at Bledmeer Spire. In the first one, I have my ground target set on the oil level rampart, and I am able to volley -- you can even see it hit the hunter guard:
Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 9.59.25 AM.png
in the second shot, I have my ground target on the rampart of the roof, and the tower captain blocks my volley:
Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 10.00.16 AM.png
My proposal is that, because volley can no longer hit targets that are under roofs, the tower captains and lords should no longer be blocking it. That way, volley can be used for its original intent of being a very occasional (30 second recast :-( ) indirect attack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zonks
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Tower Lord Should No Longer Block Volley

I would agree there is some issues with the tower lord blocking feature reaching a little too far out and preventing GTAOE of the ramp parts and some parts of the roof. The only areas I can get them off is volleying the outer wall of the rampart or outer wall of the top. If the recent fix to volley with being under a roof has solved this, it would be nice to remove this blocking. But if you want to be safe and keep it, could we reduce the radius he blocks a little bit more.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: Tower Lord Should No Longer Block Volley

This is an opinion and not a bug