in the last week or so... progressive measurable load times each time I zone

Find any bug ? Report it !
holymolybm69
Esquire
Esquire

in the last week or so... progressive measurable load times each time I zone

I have not let my windows comp be updated in the last 2 months, no gpu driver updates, no hard, no no no changes.
Previously my zoning load times were always < 4 s, ssd, 64gb of ram i7 4ghz, drive is < 25% utilized, disk io test 95% latency is .257 ms, IO > 280mb/s
I have disable my virus checker during all of this (basically security naked so thats not it). Makes no diff either way in my testing as well (on or off)

When I initially log it it takes < 2s to go from char screen to fully loaded in tnn
I zone to the kings room it takes 4300 ms (when i zone I see the 1.1gb of ram for game.dll go down to 783mb... and then back up to 1.1 gb odd...)
I zone back to tnn 5800ms
i zone back to kings room 7200ms
i zone back to tnn 8600 ms
i zone back to kings 10300 ms
repeat until my zone time (doing nothing else) is > 30000 ms. the memory for game.dll stays at 783 until it refreshes the screen and then it jumps to 1.1gb again. cpu % is the same ~15%, drive io same, gpu, same with s little spike when it is about complete zoning and paint the textures.

I love this game and you have done great improvements... this is a game killer for me and others.. a lot more lds in the last week+ on zoning from folks in raids.. alot.

Easy for you to repro, happy to get dumps etc if you need it when the game.dll is in the between zone limbo.

thank you.

P.S. when zoning from sh to one of the mobs to kill it is almost instant before last week and now so it is not that code path.
holymolybm69
Esquire
Esquire

Re: in the last week or so... progressive measurable load times each time I zone

bump this persists... its real, the memory usage varies based on which custom UI and whether I use one. default ui still exhibits the behavior but the memory footprint is lower