Chanter+bard or chanter+ment

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Hibernia.
VanderbluLeiko
Wanderer
Wanderer

Chanter+bard or chanter+ment

For PVE farming, my wife and I are trying to thing which would be better for kills and down time?
She wants to play mana chanter (50 mana 20 enchant) + mana ment (46mana 28 light)Is my first impulse, but she thinks a bard with 35 reg 50 nurt do better? I hear a bard can do 2 songs at the same time, would buffs + a power song and hp reg song work at the same time and do well on a pet?
Sauri
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Chanter+bard or chanter+ment

pve farming you need damage.
Bard is not realy damage.
with 2 casters you can farm much faster.
pom and you can chain nuke ora mobs with few reg times
Creepincrud
Esquire
Esquire

Chanter bard:

You will have the proc heal, mana song, the buffs to increase pet absorption, res, heals and mobility. The tradeoff will be the volume, lower rate of kills vs Ment. You can tank higher level mobs, or more mobs at a time especially with heal proc.

Chanter ment:

Hot, Dot, crack and DD. You will kill faster then with the Bard. You can AE DoT.

If it was my setup, I love my mana ment, I would go with the bard. The buffs and heal proc are big reasons. The mobility is the biggest. Just my 2 coppers.
J4b0k
Wanderer
Wanderer

If buffs are available from NPC or pots, Chanter + Ment is the way to go, it will be way, way faster. Chanter gets speed too, not as high as Bard ofcourse, but you will still move around pretty quickly - with close to 0 downtime.

Also, if you use chanter caster pet, you can chain oj's and even some reds extremely fast.