Warden - Heal and leveling guid

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Hibernia.
Rhaiven
Wanderer
Wanderer

Warden - Heal and leveling guid

:arrow: I hope you enjoy it ;)

35 Regrowth [Resurrect 30%, HoT2 (Grp), Cure Nearsight, Resurrect (Inst) 25%, Heal (Grp) proc 60]
46 Nurture [Bladeturn 6sec ,Damage Add 10 (Grp)]
..8 Blades [Taunt]
42 Shield [Stun 9 sec anytime]
..5 Parry

__ Level 7 _______ Level 14 ______Level 24 ______ Level 34 ______Level 44 _____Level 47
.6 Regrowth ___8 Regrowth __.16 Regrowth __26 Regrowth __35 Regrowth
.5 Nurture ____12 Nurture ____19 Nurture ____26 Nurture ____36 Nurture
.2 Blades _____.6 Blades ______.6 Blades _____ .6 Blades _____.6 Blades
....Shield ______.8 Shield ______18 Shield _____24 Shield _____.33 Shield ____42 Shield
....Parry _______.3 Parry _______.3 Parry _______.5 Parry _______.5 Parry

:arrow: All comments are welcome :mrgreen:
Bsix
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Warden - Heal and leveling guid

Honestly, I'm not super familiar with patch 1.9x, I'm more familiar with 1.6x.
But in tinkering with the character builder, and looking at your build - it looks like you want to go for more of a defensive healer build.
In that same light, I came out with:
35 Regrowth -- Just enough to get insta rez
45 Nurture -- Gets you the red PBT
2 Blades -- (Left over points and at least gets you some styles)
42 shields -- 9 sec anytime stun
13 Parry -- Gives a bit more defense against melee classes

I dunno, that's what I was able to come out with for a pretty support/healer centric Warden build.
MexicoAfterlife
Wanderer
Wanderer

8 Regrowth
47 Nurture
34 blunt great anytime with + 10 defense
42 shield slam and better guard

This is a battle warden. Great buffs for the group thru nurture. enough blunt for the high growth blunt anytime. shield slam/ guard.

We are not healing bots but combat support! And this patch level lets us be that. Rear snare blunt and anytime sec stun! 8 Regrowth is enough for ohh crap healing.

Play healer/support if you want with your character but we have shield and melee spec for a reason. I killed a ton with my warden live back in the day and this server will make that even more possible compared to other free shards. The heal proc, haste, bubble, and shield spec will make killing a lot easier. This is the time for the combat warden basks in the glow!
Vota
Wanderer
Wanderer

MexicoAfterlife wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:20 am Play healer/support if you want with your character but we have shield and melee spec for a reason.
The Warden's strength lies in its versatility. Any over-specialization in an aspect robs the Warden of some of its strength.
Vota
Wanderer
Wanderer

Reg: 35
Nurt: 45
Blades: 10
Shield: 42
Parry: 8
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

10 blades is a requirement on all versions of a heal/support warden. For melee you can either go blunt or blades (but 39 blades ASR is really nice)

The strength of a warden (and friar) is the ability to be a support that can peel. Hib has the chance of having a nice little side snare at very low weapon spec (10 blades). It is a requirement.
MexicoAfterlife
Wanderer
Wanderer

Vota wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:46 am
MexicoAfterlife wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:20 am Play healer/support if you want with your character but we have shield and melee spec for a reason.
The Warden's strength lies in its versatility. Any over-specialization in an aspect robs the Warden of some of its strength.
Combat spec is versatile. All the Nurture toys.. and one is a aoe heal proc.. wait for it.. off of weapon swings! Specing regrowth doesn't give much for all the points it costs. Since we get base haste and celerity both we will swing fast which means tons of free aoe heals. But if you don't swing then that whole spec line ability is useless! Its a choice but I wont let the realm try and put all wardens into a pure healing mode when they don't have the extra fluff in regrowth to make it fully useful. To many just lay down and take the abuse of the rest of the hibs.. not me we have shield and melee spec I will use it!
Miscreant
Wanderer
Wanderer

Vota wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:50 am Reg: 35
This does seem to be the one I will be using. The peel is more important than damage (2.2) imo.
Missketa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Miscreant wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:21 am
Vota wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:50 am Reg: 35
This does seem to be the one I will be using. The peel is more important than damage (2.2) imo.

Only small Thing I would put 1 extra point in Blade and gimp parry as much as possible :P

Another Build that seems interesting

Nurt: 49
Reg: 44
Blades: 11
Shield: 23
Parry: 3

You basically trade Slam for red resists and biggest HoT/Group Heal while retaining Guard, the back stun and the side peel and imo the tradeoff sounds legit unless a train is gonna hit a key target (and in that case a slam spam is not gonna save your team, imo).

My bigest doubt is how to allocate the stats.

On 1.65 I'm pretty confident that celt 17dex/1str is corret due to the trash scaling of emp for hybrids. You basically want the best cast rate possible and str is almost decent to improve your peel chance. Is it actually gonna be decent to put points in emp here?
skramer
Esquire
Esquire

My bigest doubt is how to allocate the stats.

On 1.65 I'm pretty confident that celt 17dex/1str is corret due to the trash scaling of emp for hybrids. You basically want the best cast rate possible and str is almost decent to improve your peel chance. Is it actually gonna be decent to put points in emp here?
I'm more inclined to always do 15/10; the gain from that extra 2-3 dex isn't anything worth it to lose out on 10 points in other useful stat points