Paladin specs

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Albion.
Juther83
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Paladin specs

Hi there,
using the post for one more question:

Does Pally chants need to be twisted or they all just stand active upon first activation?
ChronoFunk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Juther83 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:38 am Hi there,
using the post for one more question:

Does Pally chants need to be twisted or they all just stand active upon first activation?
2 chants active at any 1 time so you still have to twist if you want to be as useful as possible.
Badoodoo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Lukey, you used to be a high ranking guildy of mine on Phoenix. I can't recall the guild name. You took a break before I became really established.

Does Paladin have a spot in 8v8 Meta?

What are the chants you would want to twist vs. Mids? Hibs? Is it worth twisting in Resistance?

Thanks!
degwood40k
Wanderer
Wanderer

Guys,

I need your help.

I started to play DAoC on Merlin 15th of January 2002. I played long time ago and I am curious, that there is still a living community.

My main character is a Paladin, which brings me to my question to you.

Why everyone speaking about so many skill points to spend. Are there more then 2979 points to spend?

If yes, how?

Cheers,
Degwood
Teri
Esquire
Esquire

3.253 points to spend (2.2 x points)

So you can spex shield, chants, 2h and weapon at the same time
Domo
Wanderer
Wanderer

I'm currently specced

39:weapon (slash)
39:two-hand
42:shield
9:parry
42:chants

I just got a good dragon thrust drop so I'll be switching. The consensus seems to be unanimous on thrust as damage type. Should I keep thrust then at 39, or do I drop it down to 34 and bump up two-hand to 44? Or do I go for red celerity at 44 chants? I'm relatively new to paladin. Rear slash hinder is at 39, but you still have it with 34 thrust.
crazydak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Domo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:28 am I'm currently specced

39:weapon (slash)
39:two-hand
42:shield
9:parry
42:chants

I just got a good dragon thrust drop so I'll be switching. The consensus seems to be unanimous on thrust as damage type. Should I keep thrust then at 39, or do I drop it down to 34 and bump up two-hand to 44? Or do I go for red celerity at 44 chants? I'm relatively new to paladin. Rear slash hinder is at 39, but you still have it with 34 thrust.
What's your endgame? solo/duo/smallman, 8 man, zerg surfing? Tbh you'll wanna go either 2h or s/s. Hybrid is pretty meh unless you have the rank to back it up.
PapaSchmu
Wanderer
Wanderer

What you all forget is that there are way better Crush and Slash 2H Options then Thrust on Alb, so the bit more dmg you do vs some armor you loose because its a 5.6 not a 6.0 swing weapon. You have self Cele, so go for as slow as possible.
Slash/Crush it is then with the Dragon Sword or Hammer with 6.0 speed.
I would prefer Sword as a 20% ABS Debuff usually helps more than a flat 40 AF debuff.

IF you are fancy you use the 1h CL5/10 (as you need both Procs) Sword / Hammer from the King OR Dragon Quest Sword/Mace to apply the 20% Slash/Crush Resi debuff before unloading with 2H.

As for Spec , 50 2H for the pure WS it gives its worth it over the Back follow style with meagre 7 sec stun while you have a side follow 9sec stun... just use the back snare and stick the enemy dead if he runs :D
And 1h is enough to reach 51 compiled with your + skill so 39 for RR2 then you can keep dropping it unless you want to keep the style.
Tillbeast
Wanderer
Wanderer

Am I missing something? Using character plan I don't have enough points to go 39 2h, 39 thrust, 42 shield, 42 chants, 9 parry. I can only make 41 chants and 4 parry. Is it not possible in season 2 as different skill point modifier than season 1?
Thorn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Tillbeast wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:12 pm Am I missing something?
Can only be done as Slash, as that line auto-trains.