Please remove the style chain from Annihilation

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
WeaselSoup
Wanderer
Wanderer

Please remove the style chain from Annihilation

Hi everyone,

At this patch level the Hibernia 50 LW skill "Annihilation" was put into a style chain. The main reason is that Hib players wanted a LW skill that could backsnare, as the stun could cause problems in 8man fights. That's all well and good but I don't* think it means Annihilation needs to be added to a style chain as part of it, as was done at the time.

In other servers when Annihilation isn't part of a style chain most champions still go 42 shield for slam anyway, what I'm asking for a little bit of additional build diversity for the Champion class (very underplayed on Celestius relatively). It is obviously a buff to some extent to remove the style from a chain, but it allows for another viable way to spec and play the class. (50 LW/50 valor). Can we please remove the style chain requirement here? Set the growth rate back down to .88 if that is the main concern with the change. I just don't want to have to be forced to go slam if I want to play the class.
Lindraskada
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Please remove the style chain from Annihilation

so you want this patch, but special treatment for your class ?
thats cool.. can i have special stuff i want aswell ?

where does it end ?

its a slippery slope that has contributed to other servers dying, so i would hope not
Popiute
Wanderer
Wanderer

Agree with previous comment.
However if Animist class is removed I may not be so strict :D
Alvis
Soldier
Soldier

I would say that this post belongs under Suggestions...but I agree with both of the above that the road to hell is paved with class balance tweaks.
Godfrey
Esquire
Esquire

Mabs wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:05 pm so you want this patch, but special treatment for your class ?
thats cool.. can i have special stuff i want aswell ?

where does it end ?

it's a slippery slope that has contributed to other servers dying, so i would hope not
I'm pretty sure Anni wasn't changed to "chain style" until Cata or something. There's also a reason (I believe) the chain was taken back off in live.

This kind of change isn't having a class be tailored to. It was in its original programming/design from the getgo. Now, If they were to add a new skill to create their own version then that would be a different story/argument.

I mean they did it for the Bard already. He is simply asking for it to be retroed back to when (what many like) to its original form/play style.