buff macro crashes client

Find any bug ? Report it !
aalenox
Wanderer
Wanderer

buff macro crashes client

I've been having an issue where /buff macros on my quickbar cause client to hard crash. I'm hoping someone has a fix for it.

From my character INI file:

[Quickbar2]
GroupSize=10
Hotkey_20=52,2,Macro #2,3002
Hotkey_21=52,4,Macro #4,3002
Hotkey_22=52,8,Macro #8,3002
Hotkey_23=52,5,Macro #5,3002

[Macros]
Macro_2=bcast,/buff target dex con af
Macro_4=bmelee,/buff target dex con str af
Macro_5=stank,/buff target dq sc saf
Macro_8=scast,/buff target dq acu sc saf

So the macros are on page 3 of Quickbar 2. Moving to that page instantly causes client to crash, repeatably. If I manually edit ini file to remove these macros it no longer crashes.

Also worth noting, this does not happen when I first setup the macros. They work fine for that session, it is only when I close the client and relaunch that it causes issues.

Edit: I haven't done much debug troubleshooting yet to see if it is quickbar dependent, location dependent or name dependent. If nobody knows right away I can spend some time to try and figure out which part of the macro is crashing things.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: buff macro crashes client

Do you have dual spec and does both ini files look the same for the macro?
aalenox
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: buff macro crashes client

I ended up just moving the macros to quickbar 3, which fixed the problem. I'm OK with this and moved on.

However, to answer your question directly: Yes, the toon has dualspec. Crash happens on the -42 ini. No, the macros are not in the same bar for each spec.

Here is a little bit of extra troubleshooting I did to help you find the bug if you are inclined.

Additional notes and things I checked:
[*] Crash only happens when moving to the quickbar page containing the macros.
[*] Crash can be anywhere from immediate to ~2 seconds after bringing up macros.
[*] If I log in with page containing macros already up, crash happens.
[*] After setting macros, no crash. Logging out of toon and back in after setting macros, no crash. Closing client completely and relaunching causes the crash.

[*] I created new toon, set up identical macros. No crash.
[*] With macros in place, and page open, I tried to log in and instantly /dualspec. This resulted in a crash during ini file writing, leaving a partially written ini file.
[*] Set up identical macros in -41 ini file. No crash
[*] Set up macros in -42 file with identical names but "." as the macro (Macro_2=.). Crash.
[*] Moved location of quickbar on my screen to dead center. Crash.
[*] Moved location of macros within page 3 of quickbar. Crash.
[*] Renamed macros 1 character, crash.
[*] Moved macros to quickbar 2, page 2. Crash.
[*] Reduced number of macros from 4 to 2. Crash.
[*] Reduced number of macros from 2 to 1. Crash.
[*] Overrode 'bad' -42 file with 'good' -41, created new macros. No crash.
[*] Restored old -42 file, removed everything but macros from quickbar 2. Crash.