There should be 2 rewards for some players

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
gramercy9
Wanderer
Wanderer

There should be 2 rewards for some players

First, congratulations to the Devs on your historic, first-in-a-lifetime event! I had a lot of fun. Congratulations to Albion, too, who never let up and was invading towns right up until the last moment of the event! From a Midgard perspective, Albion gave Midgard a run at the end, and I was personally worried about losing our last 1 or 2 towns about half a dozen times. Second place goes to Albion, in my opinion.

As for the rewards, please hear me out:
  • If Albion had killed the king, surely they would get an Event Reward.
  • If Hibernia had killed the king, surely they would get a Event Reward.
  • Since Midguard defended the king successfully, and did not allow the king to die, they should get an Event Reward.
In addition, a special reward was offered by the king (by the devs), for allowing the invaders to come to the border keeps. This special reward, based on the wording of the dev post, would be awarded to the Satruday/overnight (NA time) Defenders of Old Frontiers and Fensalir Faste, some of whom stayed up all night, or slept early and set alarm clocks to wake up at 2:30am NA time to meet with a fully rested hib invasion.

The reader might be thinking that 2 rewards is "greedy", but if Alb or Hib had killed the king, they would get their reward, and the defenders of midgard would also get their special reward.

Any player who gets 2 rewards would have earned it - by defending Old Frontier/Fens on Day 1, and defending the realm on Day 2.

I don't know what criteria the devs will use to determine who played enough on Saturday to deserve the Fens reward, or who played enough of the event to deserve the Event reward. But there should be 2 rewards.

As for what the reward should be: Realm Points, Bounty points, or something that can be earned in other ways won't be as meaningful as a special title or special mount or something similar. Whatever the reward is, it should carry to future seasons, too.