AHK was bad enough, recorder just made it worse, not better/more fair.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
ISPY
Esquire
Esquire

Re: AHK was bad enough, recorder just made it worse, not better/more fair.

Xaan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:38 pm
maliya1_44368 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:06 am Hi Guys,
How can we address the shortcomings of AHK and recorder tools to ensure fairness and effectiveness in their application?
Get rid of the BS. 20 fkn years and never needed this bs to play. This younger generation are a bnch of lazy fks. Cant even run to dungeons anymore. Have to rely on someone else to port them around. A true representation of our society today....a bunch of lazy ass no good for nothing people just want the easy way, or something handed to them.
I see it different: Why should I waste time on a mechanic in a game when there are games without this mechanic or more QoL? DAoC is old, so enhancing it with QoL is totally fine and makes the game more easy to pick up for new players. Walking to or out of dungeons is not fun and rather boring. Furthermore, scripts are around for longer as DAoC has been.

I could even say you're lazy for not learning the basics of simple scripting techniques so you have a more chill time playing literally any game. The sole reason those things to exist, is because existing games aren't 100% thought through in terms uf UX. So we invented third party applications to add UX.

Heck, even ChatGPT can write those scripts for you. I made a few for other games this way with great success. If you insist of handycapping yourself, please do. But don't blame others.
I'll continue using my MMO mouse with 12 buttons, AHK scripts and DAoC's /recorder. I'd love to code/script even more, but that'd be against ToS, so I obviously haven't, won't and never will.