warden needs some love...

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Hibernia.
Chuluckhan
Wanderer
Wanderer

warden needs some love...

i ended daoc in 2004...
starting 2001 back than i had been trough all 3realm

the friar got realy good... back as my first ever 50 noone wanted him in rvr groups back than today hes amazing....perfect damage extrem good healing in procs recprocs and styles

i just dont get why the warden is still the same old bubblebot slam 0 damage shitcan it was in classic :cry:

i realy like the hib druid the heals of hib have the best effect and now with pet druid playable its even better :mrgreen:

we know eden devs made changes here and there ...isnt it possible to buff the warden damage so far that he can atleast do more damage than an green pet ? :lol: ...to bad there no vomit smilie......

you cant even use an combat warden to farm.... his shit damage makes is anoyingly slow progress ..and compared to friar wich has so many procs recprocs and styleheals that firars can solo farm dias in molvik gear ..the warden is just oh pls proc oh pls proc oh pls proc to not die on an red mob ....not mentioning that it takes 3+ minuts

i would realy like to play hib again ... but the only classes interesting me is druid warden and menta as menta back than was an very nice lveling group char ...well there no leveling here so menta.....
Esquire
Esquire

Re: warden needs some love...

Seems you make something wrong with your warden.
Only because friar is OP in melee doesn't mean warden is bad in melee at the same time.

I even can solo (light) purple mobs with my pure heal warden with only 8 blunt / 15 shield / 3 parry in offensive skills without any downtime at all. Just takes some time as you mentioned it.

In order to heal "good" with a standard specced "staff" friar you need to be at melee-range OR spec into healing and lose the damage output.
So any stun/root/snare/disease will turn your friar being a almost useless target on the battlefield.
Chuluckhan
Wanderer
Wanderer

8 blunt? amazing pls take my 3 minuts and make it 5 ...

also if i speak about farm warden it should be logic i wpeak about warden specs that are more combat oriented and dont kill mobs with white autohits.... where other classes sit in an corner and mention that respawn is a bit slow while your ward is still fighting the first mob he could find :lol:

a class can healmdoesnt mean it has to play the healline ..if ya spec into weapon you expect more damage....you yourself made the diffrence between staff and heal friar... .......you can do cave and heal shamy or even valkyr with odinswill or mending ....

btw an friar with root snare is useless? well your warden get an green pet on his ass and your useless without instas ..and you would need 2 minuts to kill it :-)

whatever warden just sucks damage wise even if ya would go 50 weapon

valk could also play heal assist.. not going odins will but mending ....41 spear massive damage and 7 sec backstyle stun with INTANT PBAOE HEALS every 15 seconds and quite good single target heals if rooted ..i dont count the grouphots here cause there quite low and high mana cost

but thats not the point of this topic.... the point is even if ya go 50 weapon the wardens damage just sucks

you can even count the heretics albs 2nd class healer... an even as heal he has much more offensive power than the warden
Esquire
Esquire

Then you are doing something essentialy wrong.
How are you specced?
What Styles are you using?
Do you have a Temp?
Der_Eisbaer
Wanderer
Wanderer

Chuluckhan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:52 pm 8 blunt? amazing pls take my 3 minuts and make it 5 ...

also if i speak about farm warden it should be logic i wpeak about warden specs that are more combat oriented and dont kill mobs with white autohits.... where other classes sit in an corner and mention that respawn is a bit slow while your ward is still fighting the first mob he could find :lol:

a class can healmdoesnt mean it has to play the healline ..if ya spec into weapon you expect more damage....you yourself made the diffrence between staff and heal friar... .......you can do cave and heal shamy or even valkyr with odinswill or mending ....

btw an friar with root snare is useless? well your warden get an green pet on his ass and your useless without instas ..and you would need 2 minuts to kill it :-)

whatever warden just sucks damage wise even if ya would go 50 weapon

valk could also play heal assist.. not going odins will but mending ....41 spear massive damage and 7 sec backstyle stun with INTANT PBAOE HEALS every 15 seconds and quite good single target heals if rooted ..i dont count the grouphots here cause there quite low and high mana cost

but thats not the point of this topic.... the point is even if ya go 50 weapon the wardens damage just sucks

you can even count the heretics albs 2nd class healer... an even as heal he has much more offensive power than the warden
50 Blunt
47 Nurt
Rest Parry
Use Azure Crusher and spam Mauler
Last edited by Der_Eisbaer on Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imweasel
Esquire
Esquire

Der_Eisbaer wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:27 pm 50 Blunt
47 Nurt
Rest Parry
Your biggest mistake was spec'ing in a weapon. No matter what you spec in weapon, you just won't do any damage.

I'm experimenting with champ styles tenacity and onslaught. Hardly spec'ed any in a weapon and I seem to do acceptable damage, especially considering I have hardly any weapon spec. The nice thing is those styles have a very high bonus to hit, which means more hits, which helps with the offensive heal proc. It also saves spec points for other things. Also onslaught does a 21% combat speed debuff.

I don't know why you don't have 42 shield. You could go 50 Nurture for the last offensive heal proc. Not a huge pressing need.

So something like this maybe?

47 Nurture
42 shield
34 blunt
8 parry
2 points left

Personally I wouldn't waste points in weapon spec. Try the CL styles.
Kadorna
Esquire
Esquire

The regrowth heal proc should be a defensive proc, if stay as offensive at least let the warden use the 2 at time...doesnt make sense getting 2 offensive procs that cant be used at time..
Esquire
Esquire

imweasel wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:36 am
Der_Eisbaer wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:27 pm 50 Blunt
47 Nurt
Rest Parry
Your biggest mistake was spec'ing in a weapon. No matter what you spec in weapon, you just won't do any damage.

I'm experimenting with champ styles tenacity and onslaught. Hardly spec'ed any in a weapon and I seem to do acceptable damage, especially considering I have hardly any weapon spec. The nice thing is those styles have a very high bonus to hit, which means more hits, which helps with the offensive heal proc. It also saves spec points for other things. Also onslaught does a 21% combat speed debuff.

I don't know why you don't have 42 shield. You could go 50 Nurture for the last offensive heal proc. Not a huge pressing need.

So something like this maybe?

47 Nurture
42 shield
34 blunt
8 parry
2 points left

Personally I wouldn't waste points in weapon spec. Try the CL styles.
You are right about CL Styles.
Another alternative is the CL-Style Resilience. Is has a 30 DD Proc with 100% proc chance (but a lower GR).
Even with only 8 Blunt it does 100-150 per hit.

24 regrowth should be minimum for a warden. There you get the first grp-hot.
It is uninteruptable (can be cast while moving, snared, rooted, being attacked by melee or spells and even if you are in combat mode).
This spell is much better than any offensive grp- or pbaoe-healproc.
Even solo this is the spell that keeps the warden alive.

The red version can heal a grp for a total of almost 5100 hits and costs only 55 Power.
imweasel
Esquire
Esquire

Yep. I'm finding two specs to try. I think that 35 is the minimum regrowth for a warden, but only if you want 42 shield.

Two specs im trying. Both are high regrowth and nurture.

44 regrow
50 nurture
23 shield
9 weapon
12 parry

1 point left over.

44 regrow
49 nurture
23 shield
18 weapon
2 parry

0 left over.

The first requires cl styles while the second gives a decent anytime style. The only thing I'm trying to find out is if the last offensive proc is worth it. You could vary your weapon and parry skills (for instance 10 or 12 weapon skill for side snare or block chain)

You get great heals, a shield peel slam, taunt/detaunt and other useful styles. Red resists, second cure near sight, group cure, top hot and spec group heal.

I'm beginning to think 44 regrow, 49/50 nurture and 23 shield spec is going to be a good "cookie cutter" spec. The only reason to drop regrow is if you want 42 shield spec.