Enough is enough.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Harondale
Esquire
Esquire

Enough is enough.

And here are the reasons why.

1) Im kind of a new player to daoc eden.
I played retail back in 2003 and my main goal was reaching level 50 with a Hib character and starting to discover other classes on a decent level.
I dont know where to start after hitting level 50 because i´ve never done the rest of the content.

2) Every guild i´ve been in so far is just an illusionary wall.
It´s impossible to get some information, advice etc. while in primetime.
No hints, no tips.. hell nobody even recognizes a question anymore let alone giving an answer.
Especially on a discord server.

3) Hibernia, Midgard, Albion
I don´t think migrating from Hib to the other factions makes any difference regarding community.

4) The fast and easy leveling.
Yes i know.
Family, Kids, Friends, Work etc.
But tbh... i never had any problem doing LFG/LFM on a real classic server (Uthgard) allthough only 50-100 people serverwide on average.
Finding a grp for a lower dungeon on Eden once a week is a miracle.

The only positive thing i can say about Eden.
I had fun in Low-Level BG´s.
Thats it.

Well.. have fun guys.
I dont think i will ever have great fun on this shard.
In my whole lifetime of mmorpg´s i´ve never had such a bad experience as a new player.
Kadorna
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Enough is enough.

Looks like you arent making any effort to learn or to find any info by your own...looking for other to carry you...patch 1.90 is from 2007...

-you should have started epic quests at level 35, if dont, just start the epic quest chain. Throne room
-Finish your epic
-Get you Champion quest, get the champ weapon.
-Get the dragon slayer quests
-Galladoria quest
-Sumonner hall quest
-DF quest.

After this...try to get you temp....templaring a enchanter is so easy...check the wiki and the item search.-..
for rvr, since you are making no efforts...just join pilzpower BG, follow the zerg and try to kill enemies..

wiki?content=hibernia

[40-50] Galladoria (Dungeon)
[40-50] Throne Room (Epic)
[40-50] Darkness Falls (Raid)
[45-49] Cathal Valley (Battle Ground)
[45-49] Cothrom Gorge (Shrouded Isles)
[45-50] Throne Room (Epic)
[45-50] Relic Town - Deserter Underlings
[45-50] Cursed Forest - The Great Hunt
[45-50] Sheeroe Hills - Slaying the Dragons: Weakening the Guard
[45-50] Relic Town - Blood in the Water (Raid)
[48-50] Droighaid - The Lost Seed
[48-50] Sheeroe Hills - Slaying the Dragons: The Adolescents
[48-50] Sheeroe Hills - Slaying the Dragons: The Final Hunt (Raid)
Jabstar
Wanderer
Wanderer

It is fairly hard to understand how this can be your experience (but it is, not reducing that). Sure there's always trolls, but from what i can tell, playing hib, people get an answer in advice 99% of the time.

other then that Discord usually has the info you need, although i'll admit im not a fan of the Eden discord structure. You cant really use General for question.

At level 50 (even at 40+ i would say) you can start looking at the quests and raids you need to complete, farm currency for items you need. Look into templating etc. No secrets really, probably the most generic answer, but thats about it.
- quest for epic gear
- quests for dragonslayer gear
- quest for bunny bracer (Springtime Folly)
- quest for Medal of Honor
- do all dungeons at least once for credit

If you gave up, so be it, good luck. But i'd strong encourage giving it another go.
penteles
Esquire
Esquire

And if you are having fun in low level BG's, you have option to stay there. Just /xp off

My highest level guy is in Molvik and i have no intention of turning xp back on any time soon.
Harondale
Esquire
Esquire

Kadorna wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:23 pm Looks like you arent making any effort to learn or to find any info by your own...looking for other to carry you...patch 1.90 is from 2007...

-you should have started epic quests at level 35, if dont, just start the epic quest chain. Throne room
-Finish your epic
-Get you Champion quest, get the champ weapon.
-Get the dragon slayer quests
-Galladoria quest
-Sumonner hall quest
-DF quest.

After this...try to get you temp....templaring a enchanter is so easy...check the wiki and the item search.-..
for rvr, since you are making no efforts...just join pilzpower BG, follow the zerg and try to kill enemies..

wiki?content=hibernia

[40-50] Galladoria (Dungeon)
[40-50] Throne Room (Epic)
[40-50] Darkness Falls (Raid)
[45-49] Cathal Valley (Battle Ground)
[45-49] Cothrom Gorge (Shrouded Isles)
[45-50] Throne Room (Epic)
[45-50] Relic Town - Deserter Underlings
[45-50] Cursed Forest - The Great Hunt
[45-50] Sheeroe Hills - Slaying the Dragons: Weakening the Guard
[45-50] Relic Town - Blood in the Water (Raid)
[48-50] Droighaid - The Lost Seed
[48-50] Sheeroe Hills - Slaying the Dragons: The Adolescents
[48-50] Sheeroe Hills - Slaying the Dragons: The Final Hunt (Raid)
Im not looking for someone to carry me.
Just for giving me some basic advice.

For example. Last and first time i´ve ever participated in RvR nobody told me that im able to port from portstone to CK.
Just because they expected me to know that as a newbie.

How should i know about that?
How should i know which endgame dungeons im able to participate?
How should i know which quests i need to even enter one of your said dungeons?
How should i know where to get something recommended for a template and even the Eden-Database doesn´t tell me?
How should i know where to find the questgivers?

You know what?
I asked in every guild i´ve been so far.
No question has been answered or even recognized by the slightest.
Everything is about RvR.

Without having former or actual friends, you´re basically lost on this server.
Hell even FL doesn´t seem to work.
Harondale
Esquire
Esquire

penteles wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:28 pm And if you are having fun in low level BG's, you have option to stay there. Just /xp off

My highest level guy is in Molvik and i have no intention of turning xp back on any time soon.
Thats the next thing..
How should i know that this is a feature?
Im here for "playing" a game not to study it to it´s core
Harondale
Esquire
Esquire

Jabstar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:11 pm It is fairly hard to understand how this can be your experience (but it is, not reducing that). Sure there's always trolls, but from what i can tell, playing hib, people get an answer in advice 99% of the time.

other then that Discord usually has the info you need, although i'll admit im not a fan of the Eden discord structure. You cant really use General for question.

At level 50 (even at 40+ i would say) you can start looking at the quests and raids you need to complete, farm currency for items you need. Look into templating etc. No secrets really, probably the most generic answer, but thats about it.
- quest for epic gear
- quests for dragonslayer gear
- quest for bunny bracer (Springtime Folly)
- quest for Medal of Honor
- do all dungeons at least once for credit

If you gave up, so be it, good luck. But i'd strong encourage giving it another go.
Thats also a problem.
Do you wanna know what my definiton of wasting time is? it´s not the leveling.
It´s the endless waiting at level 50 finding any grp, people etc. for doing such content.

Im walking aimlessly through the wilderness hoping for something to happen in LFG.
All i see is RvR.
And for RvR i need some decent gear to stand a chance.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Its the game really not the server. I came back from about 2003 also and returned to live about 2 years ago.

It changed alot since 2003. Even from 2003-2007. Be thankful you didn't attempt to return to live where it's 1000x worse.

It will take you about 3-6 months to really start to get back in tune with things. There's a lot of new stuff like /use items and potions ,that were not popular in your era, that you must learn and master. If you expect anything sooner, than you're just deluding yourself.

The more you learn what stuff is about, whether that be through hard knocks or research, the faster people will want to embrace you. If you keep running around like it's 2003, you'll be spending a lot of time alone and rez sick.
penteles
Esquire
Esquire

Harondale wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:57 pm
penteles wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:28 pm And if you are having fun in low level BG's, you have option to stay there. Just /xp off

Thats the next thing..
How should i know that this is a feature?
Im here for "playing" a game not to study it to it´s core
DAoC is not an instant gratification game for tiktok generation. Its old janky game, so you have to do some basic research to enjoy it. I have a feeling that you would enjoy newer MMO's more where you just can pop a dungeon finder and instanly go.

You claim you played the game back in the day so you should have already known the basics, since that command been ingame pretty much always. But i guess you didnt bother to learn the basics back in 2003 either...

And my experience of getting help in game has been complete polar opposite of yours. Every question ive had has been answered in /advice pretty much instantly.
Zyer
Wanderer
Wanderer

One thing is sure , you will still a great amount of disconnects same as 2003.