It was fun until Cathal Valley

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Harondale
Esquire
Esquire

It was fun until Cathal Valley

Everything said.
Im starting to hate this server after reaching this point. Again.

All those advices like
"Get a grp"
"Get tempt"
"Get to level 50"

It´s not helping me preventing me from getting one shot everytime.
Grp doesn´t seem to change that much and we get stomped over and over again.
Temps are like sheets written in chinese to me and haven´t found any guide how to decifer them.

I dont think leveling to 50 would help me either.

You can call me noob all you want.
It´s just sad because there is nothing alike on the market.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Re: It was fun until Cathal Valley

What you do you actually expect or want?

The majority of people don't have this problem. I've even went from 0-RR6.5 without a template, a lot of it soloing.
This seems like something you are doing wrong but you don't provide enough details for anybody to actually help.

Im getting the impression you are running around with realm buffs and whatever junk dropped for you leveling, joining any old pug that invites, and getting wiped out by better equipped and more experienced players.
Kadorna
Esquire
Esquire

Harondale wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:50 pm Everything said.
Im starting to hate this server after reaching this point. Again.

All those advices like
"Get a grp"
"Get tempt"
"Get to level 50"

It´s not helping me preventing me from getting one shot everytime.
Grp doesn´t seem to change that much and we get stomped over and over again.
Temps are like sheets written in chinese to me and haven´t found any guide how to decifer them.

I dont think leveling to 50 would help me either.

You can call me noob all you want.
It´s just sad because there is nothing alike on the market.
Template => you need a set or armor/weapon trying to cap all the important stats/ressist/skills
get a grp => a "random grp" doesnt guarantee anything, for a grp have chances to sucess you need to cover some key roles:
-Speed class: mistrel/bard/skald
-CC: some form of cc, the best is a main mezzer (basr/sorc/healer) or at least a second mezzer or rooter
-Heals: best is a main healer (cleric/healer/druid) and some back healer (shaman/friar-heretic/warden-bard)

If you miss any of these key 3 roles your chances to win vs another grp will be lower...this happens at every level...but get worse when you level up.

If you fill these 3 roles you could do fine vs another PUGs (pick up grps), but if you face a guild grp (a grp of ppl who usually play together and use voice comms (discord)) you will probably die...

Did you tried to:
-Join a guild
-Start to play with you guild, or at least with a grp of ppl (friends)
-Use voice comms (is effective AND FUN)

Just of curiosity...what class you play?
Harondale
Esquire
Esquire

Sorry for my outburst guys.
It´s just frustrating getting bombarded with stuff, short-terms etc. while i dont know what the hell is going on or what it actually means combined with getting 2 hit at max until im going down.

I actually was in a guild speaking my native tounge.
But all i noticed was RvR, RvR and more RvR while i struggled finding people to actually play with.
So it was very hard for me to ask any question at prime time let alone getting a proper answer.

I mean sure there isn´t really much else to do after hitting 50 except of farming gear and RvR.

Right now im playing a Mana Enchanter btw.

Maybe im also a bit used to the old Uthgard-Server. It was a blast.
At least up to the point hitting 50 with 30 people online serverwide which is basically a dead server.

As i said. My apologies for the outburst.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

all good we love to help.

Joining groups can actually ruin your RP gains for the day if you join a bad one. I do better solo than I do in about 75% of random PUGs, so I only group with that % of people I know now. If you join a group and it's bad, just leave it and don't suffer. Not all groups with high RR players in them are good groups either sadly.

You dont have to worry about templating or farming too much right away if you join up with the Pilzpower BG in Hib which regulary runs. Real Frontiers is better the BG because you can get 350-800ish points just for zerging a tower, and lots of towers get taken.
Kadorna
Esquire
Esquire

Harondale wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:19 pm
Right now im playing a Mana Enchanter btw.
Mana chanter....if you try to bomb without a proper grp you will die in seconds...
Your role is use the debuff in a caster assist train, in this season the heat/cold/matter debuff have benn merged...so is easier to get more casters able to jump after your debuff => eld/ment/chanter...but you need to properly assist and debuff.

If you are playing mostly with pugs probably the light spec is more easy to sucess.
Harondale
Esquire
Esquire

Funny thing.
Yesterday i just recognized that the bomb is energy based and not heat.

I allways wondered because there didnt seem any improvement in dmg.

However. Since im using the basic heat dmg spell it way is more mana efficient and less dangerous.