Dual respec and Macro Bug

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
eledric
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dual respec and Macro Bug

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing some issues while using the dual spec on one of my char. Everytime i disconnect in Jordheim it closes the client and resets every abilities icon and macros in the second and third bar [Alt and Ctrl].

I paste my .ini save file everytime to get back my macros but when i port to any location, i'm instantly disconnected and loose my macros again.

I can provide more informations if necessary to help you resolve this problem for the Eden community.

If anyone suffers the same kind of issue please feel free to respond to this thread.

Thank you Eden for the great work you are doing, hope you can fix Dual spec to be bug free someday 8-)
Rtha
Worldbuilder
Worldbuilder

Re: Dual respec and Macro Bug

Disconnect as in log out?
What happens when you log out somewhere where you have to sit for 20 seconds?
Are you using reshade?
Amnesia is the best button in the game.
eledric
Wanderer
Wanderer

Sorry for late reply and thank you for the answer.

I dont use anything but the original game + eden UI.

The problem only occurs on one of my characters (for the moment).

When i log out in aegir (instant) the game closes insted of showing character selection page.
When i log out sitted (with 20 sec cooldown), the game closes insted of showing character selection page.
When i port to any area from any area, the game closes.

For all thoose test i always recovered my macro by using the Eden Copy tool OR by pasting a save file in the folder, or by modifying the text in the .ini directly.
It seems that the problem occur when the game is trying to save or modify the .ini file...

It worked perfectly for a few days, and it now is happening again.

I will try to rebuild totally my macros from scratch and see if it changes anything, will poste any interesting update here.

Thank you.

IG char : Croun / Crounheal / Crounx (MID)
eledric
Wanderer
Wanderer

I could have identified the origin of the problem.

I recreated my all setup from scratch, saved it and tested it, everything worked perfectly.

BUT when i finally realized i didn't creat my /buff macro, i did one as follow : /macro Buff /buff target dex con str af
This was the only thing i changed on my setup. After this modification, the problem reapeared.
Furthermore, when i log in and try to swap to the line the macro is (Quickbar 1, Bar 2, slot 1) and swipe my mouse toward it : The game closes instantly.

I decided to delete the following from the .ini and it seems to have solved the problem.

[Quickbar]
Hotkey_10=52,1,Macro #1,3656
[Macro]
Macro_1=Buff,/Buff target dex con str af

Conclusion : the instant game closing on my dual spec (Shaman) seems to come from the /buff macro. Maybe not from the dual spec only.
I never had the same trouble on Healer, though i use the same type of /buff macros...

Hope it helps other ppl !
eledric
Wanderer
Wanderer

Had the same issue on the Healer today,

Mouse hover on my Quickbar instant close the game, and any TP to other area instant close the game.

Same solution applied : Deleted the following lines on .ini file:

[Quickbar]
Hotkey_24=52,24,Macro #24,1434
[Macros]
Macro_24=FULL,/buff target dex con str af saf haste