Balance issue - VW style root

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Mortarion
Esquire
Esquire

Balance issue - VW style root

I don't have a problem with VWs having their super cool styles that basically do everything from block arrows to root to stun to nuke. Other classes (ranger) have a root style. What I don't understand, is why the VW root is the only form of CC in the game that is chainable. IE, it roots you and as soon as it's broken, you can be rooted again. No other root works this way in daoc including root styles.

Some genius is going to come in here and say it's a snare. And perhaps that is technically true but it's a 99% snare which is effectively a root in actual gameplay and is better than crippling poison or casted snares and ALL of those ALSO have immunity timers.

I don't even care that it's AoE even though that is also a bit unnecessary and asinine. The simple fact that it grants no immunity is a balance issue that is insurmountable in smallman fights.
snowy
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Balance issue - VW style root

Pin
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Mortarion wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:11 pm I don't even care that it's AoE even though that is also a bit unnecessary and asinine. The simple fact that it grants no immunity is a balance issue that is insurmountable in smallman fights.
Putting a 99% spammable "snare" on scout shields was dumb on phoenix, and having the same effect for valewalkers here on Eden is just as dumb. There is absolutely zero justification for not attaching an immunity timer to that style the same way casted mez, stun, and root have an immunity timer.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

That doesn't sound at all exploitable...
It probably should have an immunity timer.
Starpy
Wanderer
Wanderer

100% agree
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Heretics also have this sort of stupid mechanic. Not a complete root but infinite snare with no immunity.

Just add it to the list of gimmicks that plague balance here
Mortarion
Esquire
Esquire

100%. The heretic snare shouldn't apply until at least one or two tics. It ALSO should have an immunity timer. But yeah, the VW is currently total BS in their current state.

Also, as much as i like the recorder, it just made every shit VW player good and every good player great. The class is obscene atm.
Rherbert#8148
Wanderer
Wanderer

It is this way because DAoC NEEDS to have classes which are easy mode for those who lack skills in order to be able to kill anything... VW and NECRO's are just two of them.

Then the Eden DEVS noticed that some class specific toys weren't enough, babies were still dieing bad even with their easy mode tools, so they added AHK (which once was considered cheating alike for a reason). You know, can't let the babies crying.

Then AHK aren't enough too, they now introduced ML10 weapons to satisfy even more their ego; hoping that they would finally believe these players don't actually suck.

I believe soon there will be more to come, perhaps a charge to VW's, double charge for mercs, IP and MoC for necros... Oh, wait!

DAoC is a losers-friendly game. They are either playing easy mode fotm classes...

...or they are hiding in the middle of FG's killing soloers.

Coward is the adjective that describes the majority of DAoC player base. Ever has been, in 20 years. Eden devs somehow seem to approve it on their version too, though. Same mistakes being commited over and over.
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

You sound very angry, are you sure you enjoy playing daoc?
Rherbert#8148
Wanderer
Wanderer

does anybody enjoy playing this Coward's magnetic crap?! i couldn't handle too much unskilled losers ganking me. Already quit. And like this, DAoC's decaying story repeats for the 10th time....