Follow up style less likely to hit

Find any bug ? Report it !
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Follow up style less likely to hit

Doesn't this change a little bit though because the 2nd style relies on the first style to hit?

Assuming flat 50% PD chance for each attack, wouldn't that then make each swing a coin toss? To hit the reactionary you need to land heads on both coin flips consecutively, and the probability of that is 1/2 * 1/2 * = 1/4?
Rulke
Esquire
Esquire

shieldladaoc wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:53 pm Doesn't this change a little bit though because the 2nd style relies on the first style to hit?

Assuming flat 50% PD chance for each attack, wouldn't that then make each swing a coin toss? To hit the reactionary you need to land heads on both coin flips consecutively, and the probability of that is 1/2 * 1/2 * = 1/4?
See previous posts. Percentages are based on the number of attempts of each style
STUDBOY
Wanderer
Wanderer

shieldladaoc wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:53 pm Doesn't this change a little bit though because the 2nd style relies on the first style to hit?

No you can reproduce the bug just by auto attacking. Any consecutive swing will have a 25% baked in reduction to land BEFORE defense roll of dice. This server must have an anti streak formula in place or this is just an actual bug the staff doesn't know about. It is pretty crippling for classes that rely on followup attacks tho. Like we said before each attack should have its own defense roll. So this is why even though a followup requires a primary attack, both attacks should have relatively same defense penetration %.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

STUDBOY wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:11 am

No you can reproduce the bug just by auto attacking. Any consecutive swing will have a 25% baked in reduction to land BEFORE defense roll of dice. This server must have an anti streak formula in place or this is just an actual bug the staff doesn't know about. It is pretty crippling for classes that rely on followup attacks tho. Like we said before each attack should have its own defense roll. So this is why even though a followup requires a primary attack, both attacks should have relatively same defense penetration %.
Thank you, I see exactly what you mean now.

I will try to observe this as well on my Blademaster.
netmask
Wanderer
Wanderer

What does the math look like if your opponent is using a high defense bonus attack against you ... like asp bite?
Rulke
Esquire
Esquire

netmask wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:50 am What does the math look like if your opponent is using a high defense bonus attack against you ... like asp bite?
Defence bonus should only apply to misses as I understand it.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

bump this should probably be fixed.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

I've seen them look at it before. They usually lock the topics once they address them.

I have my doubts this is easy to fix, but it still needs fixed nevertheless.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Has anybody tested just spamming a use anytime style to see if the anti-streak mechanic persists with that?

I also have close to 50% effective parry (66% on sheet) if anybody does want to test against high parry % sometime
STUDBOY
Wanderer
Wanderer

Anytime was tested also. Same outcome. You can just auto attack and find the same outcome as well.