Feedback to recently added Arena

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
suppenkasper
Wanderer
Wanderer

Feedback to recently added Arena

First of all, thank you for your continued work on this server trying to keep this game alive and improving on it.

1. Queueing up

- Pause queue timer when one or more players of the group are in a safezone (Frontier Towns)

- When 2 groups are given an invitation for a fight give them 3 minutes total to accept the fight sending out a maximum of 3 invitations (0min 1min 2min). When 1 or more members decline/ignore the last (third) invitation add a small penality of 5 minutes extra to the next queue timer of the group who declined/ignored the invite.

2. Matchups

- Prioritize matchups of similar mmr is a great feature. However I do believe due to the small playerbase only relying on mmr matchups takes away from having upset fights of a low mmr group beating a high mmr group due to the nature and unpredictability of DAoC. A 2000 mmr Pac Healer playing in a avg 1500 mmr group can have a big impact on the outcome of a fight vs a lets say 1800 mmr group as an example.
Thats why I believe, if at all possible, it would be smart to have a matchup system that matches you 50% random and 50% based on mmr. If you fall into the random bracked, any group on the list that is currently in queue and fulfilled their prerequisites to get a fight can be chosen.

- Since the skill/mmr gap in the small 8v8 community is currently pretty wide there will be groups that won't have a mmr matchup that is close to their mmr. Since mmr is private I can't say for sure but I believe for EU 8v8 the current highest mmr group is between 2000 and 2100 while the next highest groups should be around 1900. These numbers are also inflated since you have to win alot more fights to get to a higher mmr than you would getting to a semi high/average mmr. Meaning a 2000 EU mmr group is likely to win more fights against a 1900 mmr than a 1900 would vs a 1800 group.
While its normal for an mmr based system that you will matchup faster when you are in the big pool of the average skill player I don't think that can be applied to DAoC due to its tiny population. Every group that enters the queue should have the same chance to get fights but there should also be a disqualifier in place so that you don't fight the same group over and over. If you get an mmr based fight and you happen to be the highest mmr group on the list maybe the system should go down the list from the next highest, third highest etc.

- I personally would also love to see an option to challenge a specific group maybe every 30min. This will only compete with the queue when both groups accept immediatly (1min). Both groups are taken out the queue then. If 1 of the 16 (or less if smally) fails to accept, the 30min timer triggers anyway so that you can't spam it and you are more likely to challenge groups that you think would want to fight you. Which player exactly declined should remain anonymous so it doesnt create extra toxicity.

3. Rules

- Best of 3 is the right format however I don't know why it is necessary to reset any active abilitys whatsoever. It creates unnecessary balance issues and favors some setups over others. It has been implemented with the 8v8 World Cup for unknown reasons. Please get rid of it it is a major intervention into balance. A best of 3 should just be fought with natural timers, use your RA's and actives wisely.

---

This all sounds very difficult to implement from someone who is not familiar with the matter of developing/programming but you have come up with alot of new and creative solutions so I hope for your consideration.

EDIT1: Activate RPs for kills please, the RP you gain from it is extremely low. And losers should also get the 2k RP bag for a full set, not only winners.
Rherbert#8148
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Feedback to recently added Arena

Keep dreaming about it...

They will never implement such thing..

The vast majority of DAoC players are losers who RELY to gather into a group of 4-5 or even 8 and chase for soloer's.

That's the way most of the FG's can get their Realm Ranks... Sometimes they also need the soloer to be under PvE combat circumstances, so they feel even safer.

You can't just create any kind of device/tool that would lower the amount of soloers that are feeding DAoC groups of cowards and their 'red is dead' minor-poor mindset of mediocrity. That's like 80-90% of the current players! Game would just die.

Never gonna happen, bro.