Why so resistant to make Soloing ACTUALLY viable?

Discuss about RvR
Rherbert#8148
Wanderer
Wanderer

Why so resistant to make Soloing ACTUALLY viable?

Not raging or something like that, i want to be constructive. I really love this game and love playing solo as visible class.. My best DAoC fights ever was under great 1v1 fights. Sadly, they are extremelly rare and the fairness of a fight is losing 10:1 due cowards everywhere. But the devs COULD mitigate it.

i'd want to ask why is it so difficult to insert something for the people who enjoy making their own kills, with their own skills, as a soloer... Its not so difficult to see that there are people who dont enjoy being only 5-10% of a kill's contribution, hiding in the middle of fg's zerging. There are people who actually have skills to make their own fights.

This game is over 20 years old and still is all about outnumbering the opponent. Nothing against those who love to 5v1 or 8v1 (other than their cowardiness to face fair fights), though its interesting how resistant the devs are to simply insert a zone where people can duel peacefully... "oh, its a group game", "ooh, red is dead", "ooh, i dont like to take risk", etc. Doesn't have to. Soloers could also have space. We're asking for just 1 area, leave all the rest to those who love to 20v8 or 8v1 since they can't make their own kills. This ruins part of the game u know.

Perhaps an area where groups and helping is not allowed. When attacking someone o get linked to death with him... Doesn't take huge programming knowledge to do that. I'm pretty sure devs did something greater than this. Just not want to?

Soloing IS A PART OF THE GAME just like the stupid 8v1'in is. Make it viable, or a parcel of the game will keep leaving cause of the other part who can only face easy mode fights.

Now, to you who is now saying: "if you don't like it, leave it" or any other sarcastic comment about it (probably cause you're butthurt), all i have to tell you is the amazing fact of how this game attracts so much cowards! it should even be studied.
Rherbert#8148
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Why so resistant to make Soloing ACTUALLY viable?

its incredible.

All you see in this game is like FGs questing and ganking from level 4 BG to level 50. Is either that or running away like a chick.

You have like 10 deaths to 1 fair 1v1 you can get.

DAoC ever seemed to be the "highest reunion of coward players" in the whole gaming industry. All sitting behind of a FG, casting 2 skills a hundred times and vomiting "if it is red is dead" or "it is a group game" like brain deads with slow fingers. Again, there are people who CAN make their own fights. It takes skills to solo, more than most could ever imagine.

Idk, but its annoying! DEVs could make solo'ing viable and did a sh%% about it. That's so disappointing.
skum.
Wanderer
Wanderer

You are not raging and want to be constructive... but you said nothing that would help your point except insulting everyone else , calling people cowards and saying the devs have done s**t about it .

You don't help the solo community , you make it worse .
skramer
Esquire
Esquire

Just add a "unfair fight" to the game...since they reward fair fights with extras why not reward those getting rolled by the fgs

FG rolls a single, the single get 8x the rps rewarded (so basically you get more rps than they get). If it is a group of 4vs1, then it is 4x
crazydak
Wanderer
Wanderer

It's all a part of soloing. L2P I guess?
Gamer Hater
Wanderer
Wanderer

i play solo in a game of thousands of people

pls gm gamers help me unfuck my stupidity

pls gamers

this is literally my fault but i want to play solo in an MMO

a game of thousands of people and i want to play solo

please gamers please change the game

please gamers ruin the quality of the server for everyone else because i am antisocial and don't want to play the online videogame with other gamers

please gamers ruin the game

please gamers i want to play solo in a large game

please gamers, teamwork hasn't been a thing since d&d was released in the 70s

please gamers, solo gameplay is viable and good

please dont ruin my solo gamer gameplay experience

THIS POST PAID FOR BY ENTJ AND GEMINI GANG
iggy i12i
Wanderer
Wanderer

A constructive piece of advice to help this point would be, possibly adding a deterrent for ganking solo players. Such an idea would be the more players you have in your group the less RPs/BPs you get for killing a solo. Likewise they did to deter gray ganking by removing RPs from killing gray con players.
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

Players grouping in a MMO and running over players that are voluntarily running below the group cap could be considered cowardice, but going to the forums crying about it is definitely being a bitch.

You decided to run solo, accept the consequences in a game where grouping is encouraged.

It's a bit strange that someone that calls other players cowards 15 times in his post to ask for a safe place where nobody can attack him without his consent... almost feels like a coward move.

If you can't take the fact you'll get run over, go to lower traffic areas. If you don't care, keep going to high traffic areas where you'll get more kills but will die more.
Last edited by shoke on Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrom
Wanderer
Wanderer

it for sure can be frustrating getting killed again and again. but instead of asking the game to change, isnt it more usefull to just change tactics? reading the game and the community could be just a part of your fun winning :)
Mjrdrous
Wanderer
Wanderer

I really like to solo, cause it's so fun/ I really enjoy running into the PvE area and killing lowbies 1v1. I'm a really good skillful player, and really enjoy that a lot of PvE is forced into NF so I can get my 1v1 kills on under-geared, under-RR'd players in a seriously lopsided 1v1 match.

It's really lame and unfair that I can be killed by 2+ people at a time when I am solo myself. Please do something GMs and make it so I can kill more 1v1. Perhaps nerf groups so the group cap is set at 1? This will ensure 1v1 fairness for my super skillful talents. Because I am so good, this would be the best way to make sure the game is the most fun for just me.

Also, can we have a 1v1 BG, in like an Arena form so it is only 1v1 fights all the time? That would make the most sense. People could port in to the arena area and talk to an NPC to start a 1v1 session with another person. This would be the most coolz because then we for sure will always have 1v1 with no adds. Because this is a 1v1 solo game.

I think with the Arena and the Group Cap of 1, this will be the best decision for making myself, and other soloers, the most happy. This will ensure the server life for sure! No one will be upset with these changes. Plz implement, thanx.

/s

"What an idiot!"