Why reseting lvl 50 is an absolute stupidity!

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Midgard.
Yolia
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Why reseting lvl 50 is an absolute stupidity!

You are missing the point of Seasons,

You will retain all of your Realm Points. ( With a weekly Realm Rank Cap increase )
The leveling 1-50 in the battlegrounds will be enjoyable,
The massive battles in PoC and DF , which a lot of people enjoyed at S1 Release.
Crafting is kept so templating will be easier ( No time spent levelling crafting )
New Content - ToA Zones etc
New Events
New AI bots 2.0
New UI Improvements
Massive realm/class balancing

boohoo you have to spend a couple of hours leveling....Do it in the Battlegrounds and it will be enjoyable like everyone else.
At the start of S1 there where 300+ people in the level 1 battlegrounds it was a never before seen activity in the lifetime of DAoC, it was glorious

As for slowing down PVE and leveling...
Making the PvE longer than it should be is an old way of thinking.
It was done like this on Live back in 2001 to keep you subscribed for the longest time possible(Longer time subbed = more $$€€) Getting to the endgame which is RvR is the main objective in this game.
Nobody wants to chase that carrot on a stick for a year when most of us are fully grown adults with families and only have a couple of hours a week to play, putting in a week for two of effort to level/template for a year's worth of gameplay is not a big deal imo.

Be grateful for the great and free DAoC Experience these dev's are sharing with us at their own expense. :heart:
Baconpancake
Esquire
Esquire

@OP:
if leveling is too much for you idk what to tell you. its super fast, everyone will level along and you can even powerlevel in S2 as they've said. unnecessary topic, especially with that passive aggressiveness telling staff they do (your standpoint,not mine) stupid things. way to go buddy!
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

The actual problem is not levelling again, is messing up with ToA. Big mistake imho, bringing in new content is not always a good idea, it would be better to focus on something else, like class balance (still awful right now) and a real PvP/RvR content with interesting rewards.
ToA was and always will be the root of evil for Daoc, since it's release it has always been something totally different from Daoc, both in lore and in gameplay.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
fabsley
Esquire
Esquire

How will ToA change the gameplay on Eden?
Arshesmaral
Esquire
Esquire

ToA Encounters are just for reskins, isn't it? You're not actually getting Artefacts to use?
mutosan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yolia wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:07 am You are missing the point of Seasons,

You will retain all of your Realm Points. ( With a weekly Realm Rank Cap increase )
The leveling 1-50 in the battlegrounds will be enjoyable,
The massive battles in PoC and DF , which a lot of people enjoyed at S1 Release.
Crafting is kept so templating will be easier ( No time spent levelling crafting )
New Content - ToA Zones etc
New Events
New AI bots 2.0
New UI Improvements
Massive realm/class balancing

boohoo you have to spend a couple of hours leveling....Do it in the Battlegrounds and it will be enjoyable like everyone else.
At the start of S1 there where 300+ people in the level 1 battlegrounds it was a never before seen activity in the lifetime of DAoC, it was glorious

As for slowing down PVE and leveling...
Making the PvE longer than it should be is an old way of thinking.
It was done like this on Live back in 2001 to keep you subscribed for the longest time possible(Longer time subbed = more $$€€) Getting to the endgame which is RvR is the main objective in this game.
Nobody wants to chase that carrot on a stick for a year when most of us are fully grown adults with families and only have a couple of hours a week to play, putting in a week for two of effort to level/template for a year's worth of gameplay is not a big deal imo.

Be grateful for the great and free DAoC Experience these dev's are sharing with us at their own expense. :heart:
I dont know why everyone is always saying lvling in bg is so freaking enjoyable. IT IS NOT. There are people who dont like that because out of several reasons. Then again, why make bg lvling faster then just doing quests is also something wiered.

Plus I have a huge time difference with many people and it makes it much harder for me to level anyways. Until now I have not found a good guild which is in a range of either +2 or -2 hours. I enjoy playing the game with guildmembers and speak with them.
I hate to level alone or doing bgs, raids without guild members or people I dont know. Many dont unerstand that but thats the way I am. So a reset is very hard for me and I have todo everything again.
Gwarp Speed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yolia wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:07 am Be grateful for the great and free DAoC Experience these dev's are sharing with us at their own expense. :heart:

Couldnt agree with this more.
izhan.st0rm
Wanderer
Wanderer

As a new player, im loving this server, the huge numbers of ppl playing in BG's, it doesn't matter if you play with strangers or guildies, this is the way, DAOC used to be a very social game were you would meet other folks alike to compete against other folks alike from other realms, if you cry about not liking BG's or not playing with strangers, this game is not designed for you.
Glitch
Wanderer
Wanderer

wait so all player are being reset? why play then time yo find another server. mythic did this kind of of stuff thats why player left.
lx33t
Wanderer
Wanderer

I think the time proves the devs were right but I may be wrong.

As far as I'm concerned I rly enjoyed eden S2 in Battlegrounds (especially Leirvik and Molvik), good numbers, great fun (maybe XP/RP is a bit too fast but it is rly appreciable to get higher and stronger on a char or on manys so :thumb_up:)

DAoC is a tough game, very harsh to master, many many hours are still needed imho, so these shortcuts are welcomed : especially for new comers/casual players like me (and even more for young ppl, I know some, not all ppl here are decades vet of this great game).

Great work !