Something new, maybe.

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Kharkuss
Wanderer
Wanderer

Something new, maybe.

I really haven't gone through all the possible suggestions. 20+ years,... difficult to imagine something not suggested before.

It doesn't appear a server wipe is an adequate solution. It WILL drive some people off permanently. I cannot envision how a fresh start will attract a larger player base. They would join a server full of developed accounts with whatever is left to us. Full crafting skills at the least. Perhaps, we only lose our gear and gold. Whatever it is, it will still be an ever widening gap between the old and new.

The KOTH event, imo, is a great idea. Something new, and unique is needed to get more engagement from the player base.

Realm Rank is a leading factor for discouraging people from RvR.

It may be possible to push this issue back at least as long as 'two server resets' with a continuation from RR 12 on to RR 18. I would expect the realm point totals for RR 18 would appear quite unattainable. Just the thing people enjoy striving for.

Without getting bogged down here in details....RR 12 offers a realm point reset to 0 points. Gaining 1 pt from 12L1 up to 18L0 for a total of 60 pts. From here, access to a new set of Realm Abilities that are simply slightly improved versions of the original, so no altering of game play.

Purge at 4 pts, 4 second delay, 14 minute timer, etc etc. Nothing overtly advantageous. Likely end up with a tighter grouping of RA's, but gain a slight specialization advantage with +18 to all skills. These individuals will be good enough not to need them, badge of recognition with a new special Realm Rank over their heads. Just an effort to give the sub RR 12 players a competitive chance.

Maybe it's been suggested before, maybe it's been suggested better. I'm just not interested in rerolling a couple dozen different characters of various levels again.

K