Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
_vayne
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Bards

Moonshot wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:02 am
It's a live change.

It's not a custom anything.

The only crying i see being done is by you and others like you that can't "pew-pew-AHK-pew-pew" and farm realm points with your OP caster class.

If the staff cherry picks class balance from all around the patches of 10 years (all in favour for one realm) this is called custom simple as that.

For the bard

Its not only the root. Its also the skillpoint buff that gives bard acces to way to much healing. Hib groups already run with 4-5 healers /hybrids around. The bard in his current form is just the overkill that realy sticks out but there are so many problems with hib right now its unreal. I play cleric and my cleric doesnt heal as much as a bard who is an f... off healer. Why? Because i didnt get 50% extra skillpoints for no reason at all. Its the opposide. For some reason my cleric dont get any aoe buffshears on this server.

The bard in hib grps now doing everything. All other guys just have to put their bl stun and whatever nuke is available on their quickbar and boom fight is over. No group play neccesary, if the bard knows what he is doing the rest of the group can just going ham. One char in a group shouldnt have so much impact on a fight ever.

Also where the delusion of some people comes that hib was ever weak or some underdog realm thingy , i dont know but if the current state of the "balance" is what some people need to win a fight as a hib, then there is nothing more to say anyway.

The last sentence from a hib of all is so absolutly bonkers that i wont even answer to that.

I truly hope the staff of this server will put up a clean 1.94 (i think it was the patchgoal) with season 2 so everyone can have fun again^^

Otherwise, at least i see it that way, this server will join all the other failed freeshards on the big failed freeshard pile pretty fast. If the staff cant be neutral and have to push their favorite realm this wont end well.
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

_vayne wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:43 am
Moonshot wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:02 am
It's a live change.

It's not a custom anything.

The only crying i see being done is by you and others like you that can't "pew-pew-AHK-pew-pew" and farm realm points with your OP caster class.

If the staff cherry picks class balance from all around the patches of 10 years (all in favour for one realm) this is called custom simple as that.

For the bard

Its not only the root. Its also the skillpoint buff that gives bard acces to way to much healing. Hib groups already run with 4-5 healers /hybrids around. The bard in his current form is just the overkill that realy sticks out but there are so many problems with hib right now its unreal. I play cleric and my cleric doesnt heal as much as a bard who is an f... off healer. Why? Because i didnt get 50% extra skillpoints for no reason at all. Its the opposide. For some reason my cleric dont get any aoe buffshears on this server.

The bard in hib grps now doing everything. All other guys just have to put their bl stun and whatever nuke is available on their quickbar and boom fight is over. No group play neccesary, if the bard knows what he is doing the rest of the group can just going ham. One char in a group shouldnt have so much impact on a fight ever.

Also where the delusion of some people comes that hib was ever weak or some underdog realm thingy , i dont know but if the current state of the "balance" is what some people need to win a fight as a hib, then there is nothing more to say anyway.

The last sentence from a hib of all is so absolutly bonkers that i wont even answer to that.

I truly hope the staff of this server will put up a clean 1.94 (i think it was the patchgoal) with season 2 so everyone can have fun again^^

Otherwise, at least i see it that way, this server will join all the other failed freeshards on the big failed freeshard pile pretty fast. If the staff cant be neutral and have to push their favorite realm this wont end well.

Anything that was in any form of the original live game is not and will never be "custom" . I find this argument childish and smelling of "A bard ruined my life with his official live patch root".

Fact of the matter is there are a lot of features taken from several patches that are intended to make the gameplay better. I would also wager your main class is benefiting from some change taken from some patch before or after the dreaded Bard custom root.

I could care less about the bard or any class for that matter as long as my class worked like it was intended to.... which it does not thanks to someone crying about Volley.

I say lets go full custom and remove ALL crowd control and TOA items and see how this game is really played.

No stun,root or Mez. No wildly OP healers that never run out of power thanks to TOA crap. Yea.. lets see that DAOC.
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

Hibs make more than 50% of the weekly rps, mids around 10%, but that just numbers that mainly hibs have all sorts of obvious reasons for, that doesn't in any way relate to server-setting imbalance :roll:
Just a continued trend from launch, that was either because "server just needs to settle first", or "when the other two realms gang up on one, that realm gets more targets= more rps", to "everything is fine, it's you".

LA, Warlocks, Vampiir, no CC immunity... are just among the very few crazy imbalances that has plagued DaoC, but mainly that the players who benefitted from it has ALWAYS felt was totally fine, and did not in any way need a nerf, but just needed better play from opponents.
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

Moonshot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:45 am

Anything that was in any form of the original live game is not and will never be "custom" . I find this argument childish and smelling of "A bard ruined my life with his official live patch root".
Omg, you do not know when to just admit defeat...
-------------------------------
Bard

Level 25 Cure Nearsight with 6.0sec cast added (1.114)
Added single target root to Music spec line (custom)
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

Druth wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:25 am
Moonshot wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:45 am

Omg, you do not know when to just admit defeat...
Bard

Level 25 Cure Nearsight with 6.0sec cast added (1.114)
Added single target root to Music spec line (custom)

Apparently You're stupid or can't read or both. I even posted a screenshot of the OFFICIAL post from Darkageofcamelot.com listing the root additions.

You're using realm point numbers as the reason to justify nerfing hibernia? Hibernia was severely underpopulated not even 3 to 4 weeks ago and was getting completely destroyed daily by a cohesive effort from both Midgard and Albion (We all saw this happen on several occasions) and you're sitting here crying your eyes out over a bards root???

You have entitlement issues.
methods
Wanderer
Wanderer

another case of bad players blaming anything possible rather than taking accountability for being trash and getting better.

also didn't notice any talk of alb classes that need balance, funny. what about sorcs with toa range, cc duration bonus, root, ichor, mezz dampener, pet with high absorb values, bolt range aoe mez? or thuerg with way too much mana to put out pets from toa/legerdmain/siphon with moc and crazy rr5. seems like they're just as strong. (and i didn't even bring up minstrel or necro)
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

methods wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:16 am another case of bad players blaming anything possible rather than taking accountability for being trash and getting better.

also didn't notice any talk of alb classes that need balance, funny. what about sorcs with toa range, cc duration bonus, root, ichor, mezz dampener, pet with high absorb values, bolt range aoe mez? or thuerg with way too much mana to put out pets from toa/legerdmain/siphon with moc and crazy rr5. seems like they're just as strong. (and i didn't even bring up minstrel or necro)
THIS