Delete all char, and make server PvP

Discuss about RvR
Eckko HoN
Wanderer
Wanderer

Delete all char, and make server PvP

Today, Dark Age of Camelot no longer has enough players to survive in the face of competition from other games. Although the community is still large, players are generally older and play less frequently for entertainment, preferring to devote their free time to other activities. As a result, it has become difficult to maintain a real-time RvR (Realm versus Realm) server that never shuts down, as this no longer meets the expectations of the community as a whole. This trend will only worsen over time, as the average age of players is now 40 years old, with different expectations than they had at the age of 20.

I believe it would be wise to shift the community towards PvP (Player versus Player) and leave RvR behind. This approach could solve several problems, as fewer players would be needed to have fun.
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Delete all char, and make server PvP

The Atlas team are currently making a Mordred style server called Titan, you might want to check that out.
Blochin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Delete all char, and make server PvP

PvP always dies too. Everyone creates quasi-alliances with the elite players so they don't get wrecked. Then, when you try to get some 1 v 1's going with one of their friends, then you get teamed and become a kill on site target for multiple people, which then leads to the downfall of the server. Has happened multiple times.

I've played daoc off and on since launch. I am a huge fan and it's one of my fondest memories as a child; however, I gave up on Eden because everyone has to be elitists. Even fully tempted, if you didn't copy (insert name here) then you're temp sucks, or your spec sucks, or you didn't drop the ST in time... it's just a bunch of adults try-harding on a 20 year old game. I got tired of people trying to make everyone play such a particular way that I just stopped. Multiply that across the realms, and its very easy to see why these shards never last. I feel like the fun is secondary in this game, and playing a particular way is number one. Not to mention everyone trying to build perfect 8 mans so they can zerg a tower lol