Server population declining?

Discuss about RvR
SemiPro
Wanderer
Wanderer

Server population declining?

Hi Guys,

Is it me or is the server population declining very quickly?

thanks
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Server population declining?

Its probably following the usual free shard trend for decline. Novelty has worn off/ nothing more to do. Also the days are getting lighter so spending more time outside etc etc.

Of course broken stuff doesn't help, siege changes were a big turn off and now the volley abuse is taking the p*ss.
Alando
Wanderer
Wanderer

SemiPro wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:29 am Hi Guys,

thanks
They already removed the population graph from the website to obfuscate the dropping player numbers.

Primetime peak was around 1500, which is basically -50% within 70 days and the staff banning BG leader for having an opinion is not helping retain the players.
SemiPro
Wanderer
Wanderer

Alando wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:29 am
SemiPro wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:29 am Hi Guys,

thanks
They already removed the population graph from the website to obfuscate the dropping player numbers.

Primetime peak was around 1500, which is basically -50% within 70 days and the staff banning BG leader for having an opinion is not helping retain the players.
Yeah I noticed that too. Oh well, I havn't logged in since original post... RvR isn't like the old days and the constant straffing/out of view oh and the fact that I cant solo anything haha... Game mechanics isn't like it use to be

Good luck Eden server
Israfel
Esquire
Esquire

Gonna be the fastest daoc RIP ever, before it dies watch them implement Old Frontiers and population explodes
Tauleten
Wanderer
Wanderer

That means OF is comming ? *yay*
mals72
Wanderer
Wanderer

Too much hard work to template, made toon templated . Anything else i choose to play just not got the time for 20 raids. Plus also less and less raids with less population
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Vildi wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:48 am Its probably following the usual free shard trend for decline...
From what I've seen playing phoenix, celestius, atlas, and now Eden, the issue seems to be that the devs on these shards can't help themselves from ruining their own product. Making changes that NOBODY ever asked for, while ignoring issues players have brought up since beta, tends to have a significant impact on the player base, and has happened on pretty much every shard I've played.

The siege changes made on Eden, and the need to fix the bugs those changes produced, has had a pretty significant impact on the player base, and I don't think the server will recover.
Oxi
Wanderer
Wanderer

I'll give my testimonial based on my friends, a guild of 8 people who play DAOC since 2003, in official and free servers. As has been said, we are over 35 years old, with wives, children, in short, issues that make that more frantic gameplay difficult and for an mmorpg, so we play DAOC because it is a game that has unique mechanics and we have fun in the period of leveling the character, killing some mobs, but the end game unfortunately distances us from the game. We take a lot of time and days to make the templates and everything and when we go to RvR unfortunately we are faced with combats against zerg or teams with RR8+ and unfortunately we are casual players and not hardcores, so we get frustrated in spending hours running and walking through RvR to lose fights without any balancing at all.
Soon, many will say that we are bad, that it is our fault for not having fun, so what do we do? We simply give up the game and go to another one and I believe that this is the reality of many here, who go through this period of "up lvl", play the end game (RvR) a little bit, end up always losing, get frustrated and jump and in the end , it ends up being just the hardcore players who will always duel each other, which are the minority (maybe 1 or 2 guilds totaling 50 players). But the server itself is fantastic, all the commitment and work to deliver something free of charge is excellent and for that we only have praise for the server developers, but unfortunately the DAOC end game only works for more hardcore players.
Israfel
Esquire
Esquire

Oxi wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:29 am I'll give my testimonial based on my friends, a guild of 8 people who play DAOC since 2003, in official and free servers. As has been said, we are over 35 years old, with wives, children, in short, issues that make that more frantic gameplay difficult and for an mmorpg, so we play DAOC because it is a game that has unique mechanics and we have fun in the period of leveling the character, killing some mobs, but the end game unfortunately distances us from the game. We take a lot of time and days to make the templates and everything and when we go to RvR unfortunately we are faced with combats against zerg or teams with RR8+ and unfortunately we are casual players and not hardcores, so we get frustrated in spending hours running and walking through RvR to lose fights without any balancing at all.
Soon, many will say that we are bad, that it is our fault for not having fun, so what do we do? We simply give up the game and go to another one and I believe that this is the reality of many here, who go through this period of "up lvl", play the end game (RvR) a little bit, end up always losing, get frustrated and jump and in the end , it ends up being just the hardcore players who will always duel each other, which are the minority (maybe 1 or 2 guilds totaling 50 players). But the server itself is fantastic, all the commitment and work to deliver something free of charge is excellent and for that we only have praise for the server developers, but unfortunately the DAOC end game only works for more hardcore players.
The problem is NF does not provide the environment you and many others desire.

Someday, when we have a REAL Classic 1.65 SI server that accounts for the above mentioned and you will be able to find good matchups against similarly experienced players instead of the high RR premades.

Till then were stuck with the DAOC equivalent of Entrepreneur being told by Walmart Employees they should giveup the small business because so many people are fine making $9 /h.