BGs For LVL 50

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Gulien
Wanderer
Wanderer

BGs For LVL 50

Hello ,

I know I will ask a lot, and it would modifies the game a lot ... But recently I've played with many people in BGs ... Because we, players, are rerolling ... too much.
We reroll :
-To test different classes
-To live the thrill of BGs again and again

I have spoke with some of us "rerolling ones", and it appears that New Frontier maps are too wide for a fast session of gaming, with too much Zerging, with too high RR lvls ... And a portion of people isn't enternaining a lot there.

What we could imagine, is a BG map (an existing one) instantiated by group of xx players for each realm (24?), with limited RAs.

It would means that the tactics on a fight would weight way MUCH more than the time you have passed roaming in New Frontiers... A balanced fast paced action that would permits some of us to entertain without investing too much time, and without altering the "real" RVR in New Frontier.

We can imagine many rules that could conduct this BGs (alternative RR points, coming in the BG naked and buying gear to merchant freely or not ... ) and that could not alterate the real end game.

Well that's just an idea I wanted to throw somewhere ... I know that's a LOT of work, and there is maybe consequences I have not imagined.
Tyorin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: BGs For LVL 50

My only argument against this is it would split the population too much. Eden does not have a large enough population to support frontier RVR, Lvl50 BG RVR, and PVE.

Thinking back to Old Frontiers on the low population RP server, Nimue, and how Emain was the de facto battleground for 50's in OF, I can recall a number of times where we couldn't field a force to do Frontiers related RVR because everyone was heading to Emain for quick action. OF was far more condensed than NF and Nimue had a larger population than Eden by far, and we still had issues gathering numbers to do keep takes and relic raids when the Emain action was hot.

If Eden can grow in population, a 50's BG would be grand, but too small at this point.
Tyorin - Scout
Phismel - Necromancer
(Hit N Run)

Past DAOC Life - Alb on Nimue Server in Lion's Pride
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

just /level off when you lvl49 in Cath Valley?
Nunki
Esquire
Esquire

I would love to see timely-limited PvP events with participants split into RR categories.

Lets say Molvik BG split into RR1-3, 4-5, 6+ for 1-3 days.

With managed 1v1 / 2v2 / 4v4 / 8v8 tournaments during that time / each RR bracket and seperated statistics/leaderboards.