Need a balancement in RVR

Discuss about RvR
Constantyne
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Need a balancement in RVR

Poor performance in RvR is all about a lack of organization, a lack of teamwork and a lack of strategy. I'm not experienced in RvR here yet but what I've seen shows that these things are more responsible for people losing in RvR than anything else. Usually, the population in RvR is such that each realm could field a force capable of being successful in some form. The biggest challenge is people having their own agendas and not really wanting to help out with overall activities of their realm. A queue isn't going to fix that and it would give the realm with the lowest population control of RvR in the sense of how many are in the frontier. You could literally use the mechanic to save relics, etc.

DAoC is an old game and a hard game. Don't like losing? Get your ass organized and start winning. Implement a strategy that works for your realm and the people playing in RvR. Align and organize with other guilds to be successful. People always seek systems to defend them from consequences, failure or what they see as unfair. The reality is the power to overcome many of those situations lies with you and the people around you. Not all of course. Life is not easy and it can often be cruel, arbitrary and unfair. But in a game, we can do more about those things by working together.
Gabryx
Esquire
Esquire

The problem is the numbers .... you can't win in 40 against 180 even if you adopt the best of strategies and the new siege weapons (see siege tower) have made even the defense of a keep impossible with this difference in numbers, or otherwise they force you to play only in defense of a keep and not in an open field fight.
Constantyne
Wanderer
Wanderer

How often is it 40 v 180 and why?

I've been watching and it is true that there are more Mids right now. But not so many that it would be 40 v 180. When you look at the NF population, it's very rarely, if ever, that out of balance. As we discuss this, Alb has the 2nd most people online but only about 50% of the number of people in the NF area that Mid has. If we look at the brief history of threads on this server it was previously Hibernia that everyone called a server breaking majority. These things are going to ebb and flow over time. I'm one that feels realm loyalty in this game concept is important. I have never been a fan of people shifting around from realm to realm.

The other thing that often gets left out is that the beauty of the three realm concept is the two underdog realms can team up on the bigger realm and even the situation out. There's already a wonderful mechanic in place to deal with overpowered realms. I am sorry you're frustrated. I can understand why you'd feel that way but we can all put fort the effort to solve the problem without looking to the powers that be to solve our problems for us. That's something that at many levels is epidemic these days.
MrW0LF
Wanderer
Wanderer

Constantyne wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm The other thing that often gets left out is that the beauty of the three realm concept is the two underdog realms can team up on the bigger realm and even the situation out. There's already a wonderful mechanic in place to deal with overpowered realms. I am sorry you're frustrated. I can understand why you'd feel that way but we can all put fort the effort to solve the problem without looking to the powers that be to solve our problems for us. That's something that at many levels is epidemic these days.
but in this case hibs have been marvelously good to establish themselves as the snooty realm, basically becoming the enemies, bullying both midgard and albion with their gargantuous numbers until very recently

So i see why it will be difficult for hib and albs to ally now.
Constantyne
Wanderer
Wanderer

MrW0LF wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:55 pm
Constantyne wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm The other thing that often gets left out is that the beauty of the three realm concept is the two underdog realms can team up on the bigger realm and even the situation out. There's already a wonderful mechanic in place to deal with overpowered realms. I am sorry you're frustrated. I can understand why you'd feel that way but we can all put fort the effort to solve the problem without looking to the powers that be to solve our problems for us. That's something that at many levels is epidemic these days.
but in this case hibs have been marvelously good to establish themselves as the snooty realm, basically becoming the enemies, bullying both midgard and albion with their gargantuous numbers until very recently

So i see why it will be difficult for hib and albs to ally now.
It's not really about being allies. Example is last night in NA time. Hibs had a significant force in Midgard and took Nott and blocked off all our ports. Albs decided to be opportunistic and hit Arv but the Hibs didn't go after Glen or Fens. Had both sides put forward a full assault the Mids would have been done. They didn't have the numbers to stop the Hibs and Albs being organized would have been just too much when combined with the Mids. I suspect a significant part of this is lack of leadership/cooperation within the realm.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Gabryx wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:52 am In my opinion, the kingdom attachment bonus should be eliminated completely, as well as the timer for switching to another kingdom,..........
The lack of a proper realm timer significantly contributes to our problems. The overwhelming majority of players switch to the strong realm to play, not the weak realm. Strong realm timers help to aleviate some of the issues associated with this behavior, while weak realm timers encourage the behavior, and the issues that accompany them.
Constantyne
Wanderer
Wanderer

Idi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:11 pm
Gabryx wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:52 am In my opinion, the kingdom attachment bonus should be eliminated completely, as well as the timer for switching to another kingdom,..........
The lack of a proper realm timer significantly contributes to our problems. The overwhelming majority of players switch to the strong realm to play, not the weak realm. Strong realm timers help to aleviate some of the issues associated with this behavior, while weak realm timers encourage the behavior, and the issues that accompany them.
This is a very good idea.
Gabryx
Esquire
Esquire

Constantyne wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm I have never been a fan of people shifting around from realm to realm.
Me neither, but unfortunately the majority of players follow the strongest realm at the time (both in number of owned relics and players in BG).
If instead there was a system that balances the number of players in rvr we would have balanced clashes.
Gabryx
Esquire
Esquire

Constantyne wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:52 pm
Idi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:11 pm
This is a very good idea.
I remember that it is possible to create another account with another IP...the realm timer is useless
CK1000RR
Wanderer
Wanderer

MrW0LF wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:43 am They should implemented a TRUE realm sticking mechanic from the start. not that stupid loyalty where u get craft and xp bonus when is just 75+ days that u play.

Select a realm, stick to that realm. Wanna change realm? You should have consequences, delete everything and restart.

This population switching dynamics are here just cause people follow the path of least resistance. BEING involved in selecting a realm and sticking to it will make people value more their time and contribute more in RvR

every freeshard with "free" realm switching mechanics followed the same path. who took a bit longer who took a bit less, but every shard allowing realm hopping is a copypaste generator of this unbalancing

best regards

a player who only played midgard since 2001
Best Idea, agree 100%!!!
best regards from a player who only played Hibernia since 2001