The mechanics of xrealming

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Wavoka
Wanderer
Wanderer

The mechanics of xrealming

Do developers and GM's understand the toxic nature of xrealming and how it impacts casual players? I've lost count of the number of players that have quit from this.

Let me give the example. 2 or 3 players from different realms fighting near a high traffic area to catch the attention of casual and solo players waiting for groups. They draw the player out but pull off and allow the solo to be killed for easy RP's This is rinse and repeated and various locations. How does this work if I'm on a support class as the game is designed around group and realm play so some classes are woefuly unable to content outside of a group situation. Does this game devolve into live server with the only population just RP trading near a quest zone waiting for solos? How does this work for new player and support classes? If there is no rule and behavior enforcment could we just have an open rule server and be done with it.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

Re: The mechanics of xrealming

i wish this was ultima online so i could PK you after you just mined a bunch of ore and stashed it on your pack horse

just as you are about to leave your safe mining cave i appear out of no where and stab you a few times with my deadly poisoned kryss and watch you quickly die from poison i loot all of your gear and have a mage open a portal to my house so i can then loot all of your ore and unload it in my house . this way i can use all your labor to make my grandmaster blacksmith

man id love to rinse and repeat that all over your face
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

I like how people know of this "Rinse and repeat" tactic of being lured out and killed in high traffic areas...

Firstly if you're on a support character and you got lured by anyone, you did your job wrong... Being solo as a support class and getting caught or lured by other realm enemies is on you... Get a group as a support class.. or just in general, as any class unless you're one of them.. it happens out there a lot.. you see sweat necks trying to lure or bait solos or people who seem like casuals cause it's easy RPs for those that don't understand the game.. 20+ years.. get with the program bud.. that's how DAoC is.. you see a high traffic area, and you're solo... as a support class... you'll learn real fast what not to do. Before too long you'll quickly learn that this game isn't for casuals..
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

rgarrett wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:04 am Bunch of garbage...
Wow....I didn't know 12 year olds still played this game, let alone used this forum.
crimsonscarlet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Idi wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:21 am
rgarrett wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:04 am Bunch of garbage...
Wow....I didn't know 12 year olds still played this game, let alone used this forum.
To be fair, Ultima Online came out in 1997. I doubt many 12 year olds would have heard of it.
galaxgal
Esquire
Esquire

rgarrett wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:04 am i wish this was ultima online so i could PK you after you just mined a bunch of ore and stashed it on your pack horse

just as you are about to leave your safe mining cave i appear out of no where and stab you a few times with my deadly poisoned kryss and watch you quickly die from poison i loot all of your gear and have a mage open a portal to my house so i can then loot all of your ore and unload it in my house . this way i can use all your labor to make my grandmaster blacksmith

man id love to rinse and repeat that all over your face
Since apparently posts like this are allowed on the forum, let me just say that you need help.