Necros are TRASH (They need Love)

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
worldpeace420
Wanderer
Wanderer

Necros are TRASH (They need Love)

I main a necro on live and let me tell you they are underpowered here on Eden..

I cant pvp/rvr as a low level necro its literally impossible.

Necromancers CANT buff their low level pets with potions until lv 50! The necromancer potions... don't work until level 50

So let me get this straight. Every class in the game has access to other class skills to buff themselves via potions except the necro?

what logic is that..
worldpeace420
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Necros are TRASH (They need Love)

Not to mention we cant use buff bots to buff with.. so in my opinion give us one or the other
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

worldpeace420 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:42 pm Not to mention we cant use buff bots to buff with.. so in my opinion give us one or the other
I dunno bout that, tom...

Last Necro I ran into on my Warrior, there was absolutely NOTHING I could do except die.. I didn't even get the necro down past 90% total life... "They need love" my ass... that's insane..

The necro I saw before that was with a mini and they slaughtered a 4 man... Necro was rooting and dropping them 1 at a time in around 4-5 nukes.. That same duo also took out a 3 man of hunters even more swiftly.

As for low levels, I have a video of me slapping up a necro (blue pet) with my warrior, it had 3 guards on him plus me (warrior) ((39 bg)) and we got it to half HP before it got back to full life and killed a guard while we were beating on it.. manage to outheal my damage and 3 other guards, me and the 2 guards finally got him back to half HP while he was just running to kite the guards, we all got snared as it kited off and got fully healed again, the guards ran back to their spawn point, and he started coming back towards me... I did a little bit of quick math in my head and had the conclusion that I needed to get back inside the keep... if me plus 3 other guards couldn't down this singular necro pet (blue conned pet) before it could re-quickcast it's snare on me and the guards, then me by myself would have been a joke..

You can't be serious.. and if you are.. holy crap, how? what are you trying to fight to think they need love? how!? XD
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

worldpeace420 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:42 pm Not to mention we cant use buff bots to buff with.. so in my opinion give us one or the other
They have the necro buff potions now, whether they work or not is a different matter entirely
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Necros asking for love...... OMG where are we going now, next will be Ments? :lol:
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

worldpeace420 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:37 pm
I cant pvp/rvr as a low level necro its literally impossible.

Role an Armsman and try fighting the same things you fight as a necro, then get back to us about your "trash" necro class.
Draugs
Wanderer
Wanderer

It's a fair point. Necro pre-50 is basicly an unbuffed blue con mob.

With how the necromancer pet casts slowly and gets its survivability from ABS derived from buffs it is at a significant disadvantage pre-50.

A lvl 30 version of the necromancer potion is warranted surely
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Draugs wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:07 pm It's a fair point. Necro pre-50 is basicly an unbuffed blue con mob.

With how the necromancer pet casts slowly and gets its survivability from ABS derived from buffs it is at a significant disadvantage pre-50.

it would be a fair point, if the conclusion wasn't that they are "TRASH".... they most certainly aren't trash.. if they are, then so is everything else pre-50 minus maybe pure casters/eld/ment/sorc/theurg etc, get a pass... but yeah... by that standard everyone is trash pre-50 except a handful of classes.. I think "Trash" was a key word that stood out for me..

Now as for "They need love"... if that's truly the case, then like I said before, what about Arms/Warriors/Hero getting some love too? if we're going to be honest here.. Which classes need the most love, and which classes need to be put aside for mitigation/balance?
If we did a poll to see the server's opinion on the matter it would clear things up.. something tells me Necros wouldn't be called trash.. Even objectively speaking, if they do seriously suck so bad at lower levels, then I see that as the trade off for them being as powerful as they are when they actually do hit 50 and get some rank vs other classes.
Draugs
Wanderer
Wanderer

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:17 pm
Draugs wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:07 pm It's a fair point. Necro pre-50 is basicly an unbuffed blue con mob.

it would be a fair point, if the conclusion wasn't that they are "TRASH".... they most certainly aren't trash.. if they are, then so is everything else pre-50 minus maybe pure casters/eld/ment/sorc/theurg etc, get a pass... but yeah... by that standard everyone is trash pre-50 except a handful of classes.. I think "Trash" was a key word that stood out for me..

Now as for "They need love"... if that's truly the case, then like I said before, what about Arms/Warriors/Hero getting some love too? if we're going to be honest here.. Which classes need the most love, and which classes need to be put aside for mitigation/balance?
If we did a poll to see the server's opinion on the matter it would clear things up.. something tells me Necros wouldn't be called trash.. Even objectively speaking, if they do seriously suck so bad at lower levels, then I see that as the trade off for them being as powerful as they are when they actually do hit 50 and get some rank vs other classes.
What aboutism is not very constructive in this context, in my opinion. I would suggest a separate thread to discuss the state of heavy tanks.

I did not play my necro in the bgs more than a few hours, but just on a general basis it makes sense that the necro be allowed to have buffs for the pet just as regular players would. With no abs or buffs to offset the penalties of being a pet I imagine necro's die quite a lot inside stun durations and get destroyed by any caster that knows have FP works.
obasT
Wanderer
Wanderer

How about you make a group with a buff class of your realm like it's intended to do in a realm oriented RvR game ? Problem solved.