New season

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Blacksin
Esquire
Esquire

Re: New season

They waited too long imho. Not doing buff npc long before the people started leaving. What a hole is responsible for that?
The prerequisites to get gear from epic merchants, was a fucking stupid idea. And the Dragon suit quests was way too long and hard.
If the server was truly 1.65 and no toa, it would have been better. Not everyone could have the 25% bonus from items, as well as the 10% you had to fit in your template.
And for god's fucking sake 1.65 IS OLD FRONTIERS BONEHEADS.
Ghaval
Wanderer
Wanderer

holy.... leee..... shitt.... 4 weeks closing the server before season 2. are you mental? guess i will see everyone on phenoix.
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

Blacksin wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:37 am They waited too long imho. Not doing buff npc long before the people started leaving. What a hole is responsible for that?
The prerequisites to get gear from epic merchants, was a fucking stupid idea. And the Dragon suit quests was way too long and hard.
If the server was truly 1.65 and no toa, it would have been better. Not everyone could have the 25% bonus from items, as well as the 10% you had to fit in your template.
And for god's fucking sake 1.65 IS OLD FRONTIERS BONEHEADS.
I 10000% agree. The quest chains are cool and all but the dragon one is ridiculous. The Epic armor quest line is about right and is almost solo-able except for the end which like i said its just right. The Dragon line is a sh!t show.

The buff bot thing never made sense to me.

TOA items are garbage and throw the entire game balance out the window. Healers can super heal, mages can cast faster than they can be interrupted and the crowd control is off the chain.
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

Ghaval wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:42 pm holy.... leee..... shitt.... 4 weeks closing the server before season 2. are you mental? guess i will see everyone on phenoix.
Yea i don't see any reason to return really. They are deleting everything and starting over which im not ok with someone deliberately deleting everything i worked for for months and calling it a "season" . I have life to deal with so wasting my time is something i take personal.
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Ghaval wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:42 pm holy.... leee..... shitt.... 4 weeks closing the server before season 2. are you mental? guess i will see everyone on phenoix.
Phoenix is a long way off, i'd be surprised if it comes out this year.
bogfella (Seppala)
Wanderer
Wanderer

So, the death mell of Eden has been announced. This fall they will chase their population away by WAY overdoing a "season" . I have been playing DAoC since a month after release including several free shards but starting over is finally convincing me to wave goodbye to my favorite game ever. I don't actually mind resetting RRs but no money/no items is beyond BS.
Pzynom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Bye all!

Started 2 months later on server, because did not have the time. I was reluctant, since I feared a season.

Awesome season feature, lets redo PVE stuff to get where we are now - having fun.

Well, crap I wasted time to build up the acc. Won't happen again, promise.

Pzy
Ghaval
Wanderer
Wanderer

could the devs at least give us a time frame for this reset?
Bethel
Developer
Developer

Ghaval wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:35 am could the devs at least give us a time frame for this reset?
It is in the announcement! Fall 2023
kha0Sborn
Esquire
Esquire

You'll own nothing and be happy!