New season

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Re: New season

The problem I see right now is, WHEN are we getting them.

We have lost a substantial amount of player base already!!
Cal
Wanderer
Wanderer

In my opinion, once the RR increase started people started giving up. The fun is getting there. 2 months with a cap kept the server fresh, people leveling and RvRing with new toons. The new is starting to wear off and the power gap is getting bigger by the week.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

It's been months until now that I've pointed out that there is a huge imbalance issue. Now what we have are 34 toons RR8+, 20 of them being hibs, 7 mids and 3 albs.

With the RR cap increase things can only get worse lol.....
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Totally agree guys!!

The RR cap went too quick and the gaps are HUGE
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

WELL this thread is now a moot point as the server is about to die in the next month.
Drelal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fin / Valar wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:05 pm It's been months until now that I've pointed out that there is a huge imbalance issue. Now what we have are 34 toons RR8+, 20 of them being hibs, 7 mids and 3 albs.

With the RR cap increase things can only get worse lol.....
You are so right !

I understand that putting time on a game should give you a little advantage but most of the people have jobs/familly and can't play 20hours a day.
When there are people RR8+ and the cap is at RR6+ people don't want to play since most of the casual will already struggle to reach RR4/5; it feel really unfair to them. At this point the game is about who can play the most or else you will get lost behind and have zero chance to even have a decent a fight against RR5+ team, you will just roll over again and again. It's not a "little advantage" anymore.
Last edited by Drelal on Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Yup!!

The RR cap was raised waaaay too fast for this community. You can see BIG drops since RR5 cap

Even myself and my guild who 8man just about every night, do not mind staying RR3 or 4 for a few months.
We are here to play and enjoy the game but unfortunately there are a few that think it's a race to the top and again, unfortunately the speed in which the cap was increased suggests they have the ear of the people that matter so....

Stop letting the no lifers run the game.

Less than 600 people online right now, that's almost 1K less than a few weeks ago

RED FLAGGS ARE ALL OVER

START A NEW SEASON
Gulien
Wanderer
Wanderer

I agree, the difference between "no lifers" (no offense) and "family's father" (which spend regulary 2 hours, but this isn t enought) is too much consequent.

But how to make the game endless without this hard-to-gain RPs ? Will people invest their time without the reward of being stronger at the end ?

Maybe make the RR's curve gain :
-More linear
-Limited per day or weeks
-And even slower caps (nothing more than R3 the first quarter of server life for example)

People DO reroll ... So the "no lifers" will reroll a toon, and be happy, and maybe not leave the game (?)

With this features, we would all know (for example), we will all be RR9 at the end of the year. We know we will have thrilling fights with new powers. And finally make giant Fireworks, and restart for a new Season.

It would really be a solution for me, who is in the "family's father" court :D
... Barely everyone in my guild and my alliance (I would say at least 200 people on Mid) plays in this court, and I think would not complain to not be 2 or 3 shots.

One important thing is : Eden's audience IS this "Family's father" one , and I think IS the majority ! Without them this server would not exist. (I said the words "Dark Age Of Camelot" to my young work team, they all thought I sneezed, and didn't know at all what it was... )
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

All good and valid points, also with the change to the siege it ´s harder now to get rps from that, which will hit the casuals that login for 2 hours in the evening more, than the players that can afford more time into the game.

The casual players are the backbone of every daoc server and that is what often gets forgotten or underestimated, these players are also the life ressource of the dedicated RvR players, if they stop playing the server dies, so making the gameplay / game experience harder for them, is never a good decission.
A better way would be to give the dedicated RvR players some kind of challenges without punishing the casuals, daoc lives from it ´s different play styles, a good server shall benefit all the playstyles and give freedom to play.

About new season, I think It ´s far too early for that now. Many of that casual players got their toons just ready, and starting over again now would probably result in a big player loss, as many might lose the trust in this server and concept.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

We have seen an increase in population now that Pilz and his player base are back after the siege changes.

IS THIS ENOUGH??

Nope