Soldier
Soldier

New season

WtB new season every 4-5 months!! anything longer is not a season, lets gogo
Gormek
Esquire
Esquire

Re: New season

Xentrix wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:44 pm WtB new season every 4-5 months!! anything longer is not a season, lets gogo

This isn't Diablo 3 sir.
Perfector
Wanderer
Wanderer

This is a bad idea. I guess most people will never return when their characters are deleted.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Please read the server details..

There WILL be seasons
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

The next season will happen when there is a decline in population. This could be a year or more away...
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Seasons only work when you have a good population and they work best if placed into small blocks like some ARPG games like PoE etc.

3 month blocks keep people engaged.

Bottom line is, we all don't mind re rolling otherwise no one would be playing and new severs would not keep getting created SO, why not just accept that and call it. It can be 3,4,5 or 6 month seasons, this way we all know the score and can enjoy the push each season.

Anything longer than 6 months is a little silly in my opinion.

My guild on Alb have been pushing 8man RvR every night/weekend on and off since launch and already have a plan for the next season or server, depending on this one. We obviously hope Eden lasts as we love it.
Zombiesomething
Esquire
Esquire

Would love to see a new season every 6 months.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Zombiesomething wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:22 pm Would love to see a new season every 6 months.
Hell yes!!

Unfortunately though I think it's a LONG LONG way off as the NPC RvR botts are still super buggy and pet pathing is still complete crap, just to mention a few things that are work in progress. So any ideas of a new season might be dead in the water.

This may ultimately lead to just another short lived server.

Hope not!!

Keep up the good work Eden
Boardwalker
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yes, if you want to see a max exodus of players, a new season within the next few months would do it.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Boardwalker wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:02 pm Yes, if you want to see a max exodus of players, a new season within the next few months would do it.
Not at all...

I don't understand this kind of mentality, it's always been very clear DaoC players LOVE to re-roll over and over.

For instance, relic hoppers, ADHD players (which there are hundreds)

The community show time and time again, they love to re-roll so just expecting everyone to leave if the seasons are introduced is just plain ignorance.

It will in-fact solidify the community and probably create a larger and more sustained community.

New seasons have already been mentioned and we will keep some statistics which I am also sure some will favour.