New season

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
cuthbert34
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: New season

In general I like that idea of seasons. My personal problem is that I learned of Eden just some weeks ago and honestly I'm not sure how much energy I should invest in the current season. I play live also and have only limited time to play. Therefore I decided to wait for season 2 because it would take weeks for me for pve and to start in pvp. I'm afraid in that moment I'm ready season 2 might make the fresh start and I have to start again. I have no problem to do pve... I like kind of grinding and play through all the progress but not to know when the restart will be makes the decision to start playing in the moment a little bit hard. So I wait then.
Finstah
Wanderer
Wanderer

After reading all this.. I may just give up the ship.. I leveled 4 toons to 40 and now have a NA druid and Menty to 50.. invested lots of time in crafting.. I think this seasonal stuff is silly.. I am biased I know.. If they are gonna reset everything.. I want much more pve content ala the old Gaharis server.. I'm old.. I'm legally blind and use a 70 inch tv to play this game.. I literally suck at rvr and never did like it at all.. and I started when this game was being beta tested and when my vision wasn't as bad as it is.. I used to use Bob's UI which helped a little.. but don't like the one custom UI the game comes with.. I love the pve end game content instead of the rvr.. if you are gonna make me re do everything exept keep what crafting I have on my 2 50 toons.. then give me a reason to stick around.. I feel that pve players have been totally ignored on this server.. I admit I dont know the state of Gaheris on live since I haven't played there for a few years.. but non rvr adict players need some content also.. like the way Gaharis does with keeps.. I don't wanna go back to live server game got way too dumbed down.. I miss the Fin tree across the river in cursed forest where there was a 24/7 waiting list to get in groups at lvl 49 to grind there till 50.. and what about the old frontiers? if you are gonna concentrate on rvr.. then go back to those when I remember fights of hundreds of people at this ice lake in midgard .. but most importantly to me.. give the non rvr lovers lots of love to make them want to come back.. thanks for listening
Teri
Esquire
Esquire

You keep your craft skills and RP on your toons. So every craft skill you do now, you will also have at S2.
And I use Bobs UI - it works on Eden (I also don't like the one, which came with the game)
wai2er
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi there, I just arrived and so far this has been pretty fun.

I just wondered with the season reset do I need to do anything to maintain my craft levels? I've only just started so not even level50 yet but after slowly putting every penny I get whilst leveling into crafting I'd quite like to keep the progress lol
Finstah
Wanderer
Wanderer

If I got this right.. you have to have your toon at lvl 50 or it will be deleted with everything
you have done in crafting.. if you get your toon to 50.. you will keep the crafting skills you
have accumulated but your toon will be reset to lvl 1 and you have to grind all over again..
In my case I have a 50 NA druid and all my secondary skills are maxxed at 1300.. and
since I'm lvl 50 on this toon.. my crafting skills stay.. but my toon will be reset back to lvl 1
Someone plz correct me if I'm wrong
LilHalfdead®
Wanderer
Wanderer

I believe your crafting skills and any toon 50 or 2l4 gets saved for next season. I cannot say whether or not without a toon held over the crafting would remain. Please chime in if this answer is known.
Teri
Esquire
Esquire

Every toon lvl 50 or RR 2L4 will be set to lvl 1.
You save your crafting skills, name/class/race and your RP on these toons
You will NOT save bounty points, equipment, money, house, chests,...

You save your RP, but at the start of S2 the RR cap is limited - so you will not start with all RAs.
This cap should go up faster than in S1
laverole.
Wanderer
Wanderer

i haven't played daoc since camlann server died (eu pvp server) and i wanted to test the vibe of DAOC again, so i recently started playing on eden server not knowing that this server was going to reset the characters every season. So I wouldn't stay when the next season starts. Either I find a new private server or I contact support to regain access to my retail accounts, sorry.
FORGE
Wanderer
Wanderer

i stop to play, only because of season.

I dont want to waist more time to leveling anythink that will be delete every 1 year.

In my opinion you will loose more than 80% of your players because of "seasons".
Luriella
Wanderer
Wanderer

B2 ist auch keine Lösung, meine accounts sind dort nach weniger als 6 monaten nicht eingeloggt als unnützer Datenmüll entsorgt worden, wenn man eine Dauerlösung sucht, musst man sich seinen eigenen Server bauen und mit dem Alleinsein klarkommen.