New season

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
fallkynn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: New season

I for one would welcome a season change over. Took me until now to figure out what I wanted to play and finally get it rolled! LOL. Least I could start at the same level as everyone else with the right class!
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

fallkynn wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:20 pm I for one would welcome a season change over. Took me until now to figure out what I wanted to play and finally get it rolled! LOL. Least I could start at the same level as everyone else with the right class!
To be honest, i'm on the similar feeling, spent way too much time on hib before deciding i really dont like the place, switched to alb where i'm really enjoying it and settled on a wiz which i've never really played before, even starting to get crafting up for when the wipe does happen.
fallkynn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Vildi wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:21 am
fallkynn wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:20 pm I for one would welcome a season change over. Took me until now to figure out what I wanted to play and finally get it rolled! LOL. Least I could start at the same level as everyone else with the right class!
To be honest, i'm on the similar feeling, spent way too much time on hib before deciding i really dont like the place, switched to alb where i'm really enjoying it and settled on a wiz which i've never really played before, even starting to get crafting up for when the wipe does happen.
I literally did the same with the opposite realms LOL. Started on alb, levelled 4 toons to 50, realised nahhh not for me. Went to hib. Now happy!
Sagz
Wanderer
Wanderer

I think personally, a new season every 6 months is fine ONLY IF.

1. you can play only 1 realm for the 6 months....(can switch but have to delete toons)
2. crafting doesn't get reset
3. If player is level 50 and rr5+ keep name (you can go alb 1 season, mid next, then back to alb, then to hib etc.)
4. Remove RR cap since it is only 6 months long doesn't matter.

and Maybe throw in a mordred season for season 4 if the server lasted that long.

But if there were no season it wouldn't matter to me, whatever keeps the population up I am gtg, its just fun to play.
mithenion
Wanderer
Wanderer

I agree with Sagz concerning season reset and the particulars. I just got here within the last week, and I especially do not want to see crafting reset with server and all characters. I am still figuring out what class I want to specialize in but I certainly am willing to enjoy my time and level up my characters if the season doesn't reset for a year and I can also handle it if season ends soon as well.

I level my characters very slowly in all mmorpgs so if the seasons are too short I will never make lvl 50 or any realm ranks. I've been that way since I began playing these games and DAoC was my first, began before SI. Made it to lvl 50 with only 2 characters back then.

So Devs and Players, do what you think is best. Consider letting us keep our crafting progress. If you do this it gives me hope to reroll and start over at beginning of each new season. Thanks.
Zombiesomething
Esquire
Esquire

Boardwalker wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:02 pm Yes, if you want to see a max exodus of players, a new season within the next few months would do it.
Really? The fact that every time a new freeshard pops up it is always slammed with players who play until the next one.

I think people underestimate the amount of players that are tired of how one sided the fights get in DAoC, and seasons fix that. I have no doubts that most of the players would return for the new season and many of them would be excited to start fresh. Seasons are in most games now and they are hugely popular and I am betting they would be just as popular here.

On Eden, I played Mid for about a week before transferring to Hib, and for the week I have been playing on Hib I have already almost completed my temp and I got my crafting skills all up to where I want them and all my salvage skills to 1100+. It is not hard nor does it take long.

In all honesty, the only people who would get mad and maybe not come back would be the elitist players who were the ones dominating in RvR and the twinks in BG's that temped out and /xp off. They will actually have to build there RR's back up and *gasp* they might have to do more PvE to fund their characters!!!!

Nah, I don't see an issue at all. This is a good way to bring casuals back and help them stay competitive longer. Yeah they will still get destroyed at times, but they will have more fun for a longer period of time before RR levels just take away all chances they have without the zerg.

DAoC is a perfect game for seasons, and hopefully Eden learns that and takes advantage of it.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Sagz wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:58 pm I think personally, a new season every 6 months is fine ONLY IF.

1. you can play only 1 realm for the 6 months....(can switch but have to delete toons)
3. If player is level 50 and rr5+ keep name (you can go alb 1 season, mid next, then back to alb, then to hib etc.)

and Maybe throw in a mordred season for season 4 if the server lasted that long.

But if there were no season it wouldn't matter to me, whatever keeps the population up I am gtg, its just fun to play.
Yes, completely agree with the crafting haha!!

However I am sure hey will reset that haha
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

Zombiesomething wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:37 am
Boardwalker wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:02 pm Yes, if you want to see a max exodus of players, a new season within the next few months would do it.
DAoC is a perfect game for seasons, and hopefully Eden learns that and takes advantage of it.
This server launched saying that there would be 6-12 month seasons, so no worries there. The Eden staff fully embrace this concept.
Zombiesomething
Esquire
Esquire

Sagz wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:58 pm I think personally, a new season every 6 months is fine ONLY IF.

1. A free shard should never restrict where people are playing, sorry but I never understood why people think they should be able to control how others play? I do think they need substantially higher loyalty bonuses to encourage people to stay over joining the overpopulated realm whenever they want. Also, there should be bigger penalties for changing realms with the loyalty bonus.

2. Crafting absolutely needs reset along with everything else. I have been on Hib a little over a week now and all my salvaging skills are 1100+ and my Tailoring is 1100. My Alchemy will be soon. Money is easy here (thats a good thing) and crafting is easy and fast to level. There is no reason to restrict it.

3. I was in agreement with you until just a moment ago, while I am still not against your idea, I think I would prefer only people with a certain level of loyalty being able to keep their names if possible. This should only happen if they can keep track of each individual character and loyalty though, I like the idea of realm loyalty giving this specific and unique bonus. Even if you had realm loyalty on Hib on a certain character, you should be able to keep that name if you go Mid or Alb next season.

4. I like the RR cap idea and I think it keeps everything reasonable. Only being here a couple weeks, I find I am staying much more competitive for a longer period of time. To many times you already have RR10 groups at this point and RvR is just a competition to see how long you can survive and not how many you can kill. I recognize people from Pheonix that were all higher RR that would destroy me there, yet here I am actually getting a few kills in.
stewbeedoo
Soldier
Soldier

They said long before launch that seasons will be the model for the server and we get to keep our tradeskills, names, herald stats.

So there will be a new season in our future - 3 months, 6 months, who knows exactly.

Better get used to it.