[GM]Nerf hib or this server will die

Discuss about RvR
Daedalus
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: [GM]Nerf hib or this server will die

Regardless of realm class balance the fact that hib land is almost fully captured every afternoon is probably why hibs have a larger LWRP number. The bounce back PvDoor retake opportunity when peak play time ends is a ton of rps that hibs have access too. Plus getting doubled teamed in your home land is logistically faster rp potential.
MrW0LF
Wanderer
Wanderer

they have the best LWRP simply cause the most hardcore players go there... they have the more consistent bg leader to zerg around, and a lot of classes with a lot of tools to make the game enjoyable

thats why. people that have more time to spend in the game is simply more attracted to hib
Frenchie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Druth wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:17 am
Frenchie wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:42 pm Lots of text...
You waste a lot of breath.

You can discuss this stuff from now and to the end of time, people have tunnel vision, and will never agree their class is OP/Broken and other realms needs a boost.
To agree with that, means you agree you are not as skilled as you thought, and your PvP kills are helped by the class/realm you play.

We had the discussion with Warlocks when they came out, was hopeless, even some of us playing Mid fought to get them nerfed, but people playing them could not see the issue.

The devs just need to look at numbers, 60% LWRPS are hibs, you don't need other data than that.
Even if the Hibs earned this through hard work, amazing leadership, and amazing skill, it still ruins the server, because people will stop playing Mid/Alb over time.
DaoC servers needs a rough equilibrium of Rps/week, otherwise it dies. Doesn't matter if one side hasn't earned their rps, they will stop playing if they don't get the rps.
Appreciate your reading all of it, meant nothing anyways I guess.

So, I digress, pardon me for pointing out there is over-imbalance. My hopes are that the server stays around a while and we can have fun together.

Good luck and take care.
MrDisinfect
Wanderer
Wanderer

Is it enchanters and their pets again? It's always the chanters.... And oh man, void elds, nasty!

Bolt of Annihilation, Bolt of Obliteration. Just saying!
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Druth wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:17 am
Frenchie wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:42 pm Lots of text...
.....look at numbers, 60% LWRPS are hibs, you don't need other data than that.
When 100 Albs and 100 Mids ignore each other to attack 100 Hibs, you have 200 players competing for the RP's of 100 available players. Meanwhile, the 100 players on Hib are competing for the RP's of 200 available players. Of COURSE the Hibs will earn more RP's, and it's exactly because Albs and Mids CHOOSE to limit their RP earning potential by constantly focusing solely on Hibs.

As for Hib being Op? Sure doesn't seem to stop the Mid and Alb zerg from constantly turning our frontier into a dumpster fire on a daily basis....

The population of the server ebbs and flows depending on the time of day, and there's no way to change that.
Frenchie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Why don’t we discuss why albs and hibs have a class that gets a speccable insta 5 min rut rezz..?
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Frenchie wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:43 am Why don’t we discuss why albs and hibs have a class that gets a speccable insta 5 min rut rezz..?
Mids got their insta rez through the Valk which is at this patch level but isnt included (which should be imo as it wouldnt imbalance anything)
Meelk
Wanderer
Wanderer

I believe that Mids need the Valkyrie class to equilibrate the number of classes on each realms and the number of healer.
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

Midgard should also have access to Warlock class as they lack casters.
Metalstorm
Wanderer
Wanderer

player population and class balance are two different things. if you argue that mid bg is the dominant bg, you have to realize that bg has nothing to do with class balance. someone being the more successful bg leader and drawing players from other realms has nothing to do with class balance. class balance becomes noticeable and an issue when in smaller play, like 1v1 - 8v8. if you are a zerger and arguing that class balance is all good, i encourage you to try some solo or small group. you can really get a feel for what class balance is all about and see how op some of these classes are here. yes i agree hib has way too much utility and why cant charm purge be eliminated? simple fixes that could go a long way.