[GM]Nerf hib or this server will die

Discuss about RvR
Israfel
Esquire
Esquire

Re: [GM]Nerf hib or this server will die

Alando wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:26 am And add to the arbitrary patchstate the completely fictional items with ToA boni that blatantly favor casters and make baseline stun another 16% longer because templating a hib caster is so easy you can get a fully capped template with 16% dura and all the toys you would ever want without a single ROG drop needed.

Hib got extra spells up the ass by cherry-picking class changes from different patchstates that were never present on any kind of live classic server at any point in time and combine all that with ZERO additions for tanks to counter caster classes or off-set the insane increase in DPS thanks to easy mode debuff nuke trains.

If I wanted to make a freeshard that was all in favor of Hibernia, I would just clone Eden. Because it has been Hibernia favored since the start and all feedback during testing that pointed it out was ignored and players banned who did not take the hint and shut up about it.
Phoenix devs banned me when I suggested their "vote" for NF / OF was not a vote, devs dont work on changes not to implement them. The reason they switched to NF is because they felt that too many players were climbing RR too quickly and wanted to slow that process down, banned. Server dead few months later.

Srsly wish some dev would just setup a serv in his basement and leave it on forever at 1.65 and never touch it again.
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Israfel wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:37 pm
Alando wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:26 am
Srsly wish some dev would just setup a serv in his basement and leave it on forever at 1.65 and never touch it again.
Uthgard is waiting for you.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Tauleten wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:27 pm ....
Well other realms don't have AoE Stun, (or insta AoE stun) and if I see people with NM, I'd be thinking; great thats wasted points!
Same goes for seing VW or ANI in a 8 man, yeah they are great fun to play but not optimal in 8 man setups..

Look.. I get what you're saying, I'd allmost go as far as if you want somethin to change; create a excel overview of abilities and classes and make a list whats missing and suggest things, maybe you'll hear from staff why they don't or do want to implement it.
Indeed there are differences, that's what I was talking about. I was just referring only to the sheer numbers of feats that Hibernia has compared to Mid. Hib has more stuff, that's it.
Then you say AoE stun? Wonderful indeed, but very very situational and, as I said, Healers don't have quickcast so it's quite easy to avoid them to land a good AoE stun. Instants? Nice, really, once every 10 minutes and hoping it does not get resisted (resists rate are quite weird here, imho). Nothing to do with bards' instant amnesia, spamming it every 10 seconds while on the move and cannot be interrupted, and any main assist caster using quickcast + stun for the caster dps train on a non-det char. I would trade any aoe stuns from Mid for these things from Hib. The issue here is easy: Mid is a melee realm, that's it. And on this server melee is garbage. This does not mean that a good caster/hybrid group from Mid cannot play it's best, but it means that, on an even starting field, the group meta for Hib is better than Mid. I'm not saying anything about Albion since it is somewhere in between, because something there has been already nerfed (or fixed as you prefer) like Theurg's pets, but something still should be done (Necros and Minsts tuning above all).

And I'm sorry but I won't be giving absolutely anything to this staff because the ban risk is too high lol. I'm done with them, I just stay here to talk about Daoc with fellow players, but I don't really care too much about how things will go on this server, having seen how feedbacks are treated.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Israfel
Esquire
Esquire

You got me there, my real thought behind that is.

I would have played a server with the launch settings used by Phoenix indefinitely. It felt like daoc live, it was there and available if you wanted to jump in, meaning me, fresh level 50 semi-temped rr3 Warrior could get a pug 8/small, easily find a decently matched fight against another pug 8/small and have fun with that on repeat.

We need a server that delivers this experience as described.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Israfel wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:29 pm You got me there, my real thought behind that is.

I would have played a server with the launch settings used by Phoenix indefinitely. It felt like daoc live, it was there and available if you wanted to jump in, meaning me, fresh level 50 semi-temped rr3 Warrior could get a pug 8/small, easily find a decently matched fight against another pug 8/small and have fun with that on repeat.

We need a server that delivers this experience as described.
The main issue about this, more than class balance, is the infinte pain of templating. TOA bonuses have been an awful idea, since they cater to the top players and give a major disadvantage to "casuals" who don't want to check any single %. And when you go out and find those perfectly templated (after hours and hours of grinding) group/small/solo you'll soon feel the difference in those %
Then all that remains is going zergy, only to get bored after 2hrs of hitting empty walls and doors and then log out thinking why on earth should I come back here? Or, if you're lucky enough, find a semi-decent group/small and go harassing those poor souls doing dailies
:lol:
Addict_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Zerg is trash and always killing everythings. Talking about casuals in DAoC is dumb. Most are playing dailys. They're NOT casuals. Assissting players who still want to stay BAD and MEDIOCRE after 20 years playing this game will NEVER works.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Addict_ wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:17 pm Zerg is trash and always killing everythings. Talking about casuals in DAoC is dumb. Most are playing dailys. They're NOT casuals. Assissting players who still want to stay BAD and MEDIOCRE after 20 years playing this game will NEVER works.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your only concern is getting good at a 20yo game...well lucky you.
I'm casual and want to stay casual because I don't have 5 hrs a day to grind in Daoc like I used to do. Nothing to do about skills being "BAD" or "MEDIOCRE" as you say, it's just a matter of time spent on this game.
Addict_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fin / Valar wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:52 pm
Addict_ wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:17 pm Zerg is trash and always killing everythings. Talking about casuals in DAoC is dumb. Most are playing dailys. They're NOT casuals. Assissting players who still want to stay BAD and MEDIOCRE after 20 years playing this game will NEVER works.

I'm casual and want to stay casual because I don't have 5 hrs a day to grind in Daoc like I used to do. Nothing to do about skills being "BAD" or "MEDIOCRE" as you say, it's just a matter of time spent on this game.
I'm trying to get good at everything I try or like. That's it. I'm not using the time spent as an excuse to be mediocre. You could play 1 hour per day and be good if you tried instead of waiting for the world to do it for you. :)
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Addict_ wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:48 pm

I'm trying to get good at everything I try or like. That's it. I'm not using the time spent as an excuse to be mediocre. You could play 1 hour per day and be good if you tried instead of waiting for the world to do it for you. :)
That's what I said. It's not a matter of being bad or good, on a game so old. Anyone can get a more than decent skill level, the difference is the time spent to grind stuff and RRs, and time availability is not a skill. Here if you have time and will to grind you'll go on top, if you don't have it you stay on bottom, no matter the skill level when your DDs land for 300 dmgs and enemies' ones more than 400 dmgs...
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

Fin / Valar wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:58 pm
Addict_ wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:48 pm

That's what I said. It's not a matter of being bad or good, on a game so old. Anyone can get a more than decent skill level, the difference is the time spent to grind stuff and RRs, and time availability is not a skill. Here if you have time and will to grind you'll go on top, if you don't have it you stay on bottom, no matter the skill level when your DDs land for 300 dmgs and enemies' ones more than 400 dmgs...
So what is the difference to other mmorpgs or daoc servers? If you play much you will get rewarded. Even if you don ´t play good you will have more benefits than a good casual player that plays 1-2 hours after work for example as you just need more time to gather rps but have it available.
You might have some difference on the very top as there are players that have skill and much time to spend into the game. The Gap between players is getting bigger the longer these servers are lasting, on Eden this will be no big point, as there will be a reset after a while.

It might be relative easy here to do zerging and keep/tower raids and swim with the mass, on the other hand if that would not being possible, you would have less population as not every daoc player is a decent elitist player or prefers doing 8vs8. The backbone of every server are the casual players that mainly login after work and/or familiy live in the EU Prime for 1-2 hours, if there is no action or gameplay to have some fun, they just logout and/or leave the server which result to a bleeding out server soon, because daoc is related to a big playerbase.

Remember the fall of Uthgard? They made everything harder in the sequel and did not listen to their main casual playerbase that criticised these plans. Who wants or can afford to spend weeks in these days for a 20+ year old game to get a lvl. 50 char then getting steamrolled by set guild groups, that powerleveled to 50, temped and just waited for the casual cattle appearing in front of the classic frontier keep to be farmed?

If you want a daoc server that will last for some time, you need to adjust it to the main playerbase, elite players can adjust their gameplay a bit, the casual ones not so much as they are mainly restricted in their limited time to play. Imho eden is a good and balanced server, even if some ppl say Hib might be OP , maybe Hib got some love in the years of daoc, as they have been the under populated realm and see, Hibernia has less players here too.

Only thing devs could be blamed for imho is, that some later patches are not having a good decission and seem to be quickshots, same is of the quality of patches as they often have some bugs, making gameplay worse. Imho, it might have been a better choice to main focus on bugfixing first and less on bringing in changes and additional content.