[GM]Nerf hib or this server will die

Discuss about RvR
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [GM]Nerf hib or this server will die

Metalstorm wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:49 pm player population and class balance are two different things. if you argue that mid bg is the dominant bg, you have to realize that bg has nothing to do with class balance. someone being the more successful bg leader and drawing players from other realms has nothing to do with class balance. class balance becomes noticeable and an issue when in smaller play, like 1v1 - 8v8. if you are a zerger and arguing that class balance is all good, i encourage you to try some solo or small group. you can really get a feel for what class balance is all about and see how op some of these classes are here. yes i agree hib has way too much utility and why cant charm purge be eliminated? simple fixes that could go a long way.
Indeed to the population point, on the other hand you ´ve everytime some kind of inbalance in daoc, some depending of class/specc itself or patch version and you will always have some classes being OP.

Afaik Eden has no custom changes on any class that has not been seen on live servers too at some patch level. For this zerg fights casters are the bread and supporters the butter, tanks may be the knife so not that essential. That being said Hibernia is the main caster realm with much Statics, and wardens have TWF we are good set with zerg fights for sure and a good starter realm, but at the end Midgard is always superior on every server I played because their tanks kick asses when got some RR and this point is now reached. That being said, biggest zergs win normally, same on Eden. So talking about nerfs would only have some bigger impact on 8 vs. 8 / small man RvR, but this kind of RvR is only a very small part on Eden.

Pretty sure Midgard will be even more dominant soon, as albs struggled from start and now Hibs begin to struggle too and nerfs would just hasten that progress. So what is the reason to talk about nerfs anymore? The only thing I´m aware of is that Albion might maybe need some love here.
Fanta
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dok wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:03 pm if anything needs nerf is the damn pets.
i dont remember theurg pets being able to use 2-3 ice pets on people and kill them with no further action by the theurg
I dont remember ruby cabby pet nuking people to death with zero help from the cabby ( i assume chanter pet is similar?)
I dont remember a bone commander and 3 guardian pets almost 1 rounding someone of equal lvl to the BD
I do remember caster bd pets being annoying but omfg are the caster pets op in Eden. chain casting disease on 3 people at the same time. srsly wtf.
this
JuanBall
Wanderer
Wanderer

Frenchie wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:42 pm Oh no, it’s totally balanced! -sarcasm intended-

You call giving Eld’s Ichor;

Mentalists an rr5 blind with aoe on a 5 minute timer AND piggy purge;

baseline roots to an Enchanter;

taking away baseline roots from a Bard, THEN giving it right back in a specline on top of insta 5 & 10 second amnesias balanced enough to warrant underpopulation RP bonuses?

And Necro’s being able to put away multiple melee’s in one sitting

Reaver gets their anytime Levi back with slightly less damage? Kiss my ass.

Friar’s hitting way too hard

Theurg’s.. nuff said

And now on top of that smart ass remarks from people claiming it’s “nerf everyone but me,” crap? Put a sock in it.

Class changes were 11 hib, 8 alb, and 5 mid.

The mid changes, 2 of which are archer and assassin universal, so only 3 changes to balance, are hardly changes worthwhile at all!

Warrior RR5 doesn’t have a shield req? Woopty fuck.

Thane hammer spec damage table increased to be in line with other hybrids melee classes?? That should’ve been done already, so doesn’t constitute balance.

And Skalds get Det..? What the hell?

Don’t try to tell me that isn’t one sided or biased at all. And it just proves that if you whine and cry hard enough, you’ll get what you want.

Take away all the meta shit from minstrels and mentalists, and yes fix the pets too. If you’re mezzed, you should not be able to release a pet and piggy purge from it. No actions to be made.

I understand that the game was intended to have imbalances. In fact that’s why we love it. But cmon, really? Stop trolling and let’s get real.
100% dude, You also forgot the fact that they took away SAVAGE CHARGE are literally BEST melee damage dealer nerfed so hard NO ONE PLAYS IT
crimsonscarlet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Every freeshard favours Hib. Every single one.
Hib was overpowered on 1.65 (the "classic" patch) and is also overpowered on this particular cherry picked patchset.
Giving bards root, giving Elds Ichor, and Mentas Static Tempest. Hib casters were already overpowered with their own baseline stun.

It's just that Daoc has always had shitty game mechanics that favour hib. The hardcore try-hard gamers all pick Hib because they know HIb has too much utility and casting power to lock other classes down. That's why there's a Hib 8 man group /xp'd off in Molvik who are RR3+ who know how to grief players and that's why Power Rangers guild griefs RVR at keeps with bugged, abusive volley (which only just got fixed).. these people spend all their waking moments on this game and they do it to make others have a bad time.

Yes, Mid BG is huge and take keeps. Well, the relics (at least 4 of them) are in Mid. People follow the relics. If the relics moved to Hib or Alb, people would stop logging in Mids and play those.

It's the same thing on every freeshard. Hibs are some of the most toxic players and have all the tools at their disposal with which to grief other players. I have seen it happen since Uthgard 1.0 freeshard. (If anyone remembers that -- groups of hib rangers crit shooting assassins out of stealth from long range for 1300).
MrW0LF
Wanderer
Wanderer

crimsonscarlet wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:59 am Yes, Mid BG is huge and take keeps. Well, the relics (at least 4 of them) are in Mid. People follow the relics. If the relics moved to Hib or Alb, people would stop logging in Mids and play those.
atm every realm has it's own 2 relics
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

crimsonscarlet wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:59 am Every freeshard favours Hib. Every single one.
Hib was overpowered on 1.65 (the "classic" patch) and is also overpowered on this particular cherry picked patchset.
False, I played daoc from beta and all of the realms in this duration. Midgard was dominant on the live servers, they had/have the highest RR Chars and dominated for a very long time and these live servers are the basic if it comes to an evaluation, because they seen all the patches and fixes in their history compared to the shards.

Sure, population is a point too, but if Hib was dominating like you said, they had been at least on one server superior, that was not the case, Mid was also top as the server were clustered. Hib is strong here , indeed, but don ´t tell Hib always has been the OP realm, that ´s just not the truth.
Tauleten
Wanderer
Wanderer

crimsonscarlet wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:59 am Every freeshard favours Hib. Every single one.
Giving bards root, giving Elds Ichor, and Mentas Static Tempest. Hib casters were already overpowered with their own baseline stun.

It's just that Daoc has always had shitty game mechanics that favour hib. The hardcore try-hard gamers all pick Hib because they know HIb has too much utility and casting power to lock other classes down. That's why there's a Hib 8 man group /xp'd off in Molvik who are RR3+ who know how to grief players and that's why Power Rangers guild griefs RVR at keeps with bugged, abusive volley (which only just got fixed).. these people spend all their waking moments on this game and they do it to make others have a bad time.

Yes, Mid BG is huge and take keeps. Well, the relics (at least 4 of them) are in Mid. People follow the relics. If the relics moved to Hib or Alb, people would stop logging in Mids and play those.

It's the same thing on every freeshard. Hibs are some of the most toxic players and have all the tools at their disposal with which to grief other players. I have seen it happen since Uthgard 1.0 freeshard. (If anyone remembers that -- groups of hib rangers crit shooting assassins out of stealth from long range for 1300).
Ahh come on mate, it has been a long time since I've read a post containing more crap than this.

First of all 1.65 was a Mellee fest party. (Allthough high skilled groups got caster groups to work, which was more rare than common).

Then the current situation; the server has balanced classes soo much that pretty much all realms have same classes. (give or take a few abilities). I get that it's a pain being run over by some green trees spaming stun, however getting ran over by some arthurs getting bolt-range mezzed and bolted to death aint fun either. It's rock paper siccors, has been and allways will be.

If you stick to what you do (and it fails) try something else till it works for you. (

(P.s. the game is bigger than the zerg vs zerg, i'd even say it's the least fun thing).
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Tauleten wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:04 am ...
Then the current situation; the server has balanced classes soo much that pretty much all realms have same classes. (give or take a few abilities). I get that it's a pain being run over by some green trees spaming stun, however getting ran over by some arthurs getting bolt-range mezzed and bolted to death aint fun either. It's rock paper siccors, has been and allways will be.

If you stick to what you do (and it fails) try something else till it works for you. (

(P.s. the game is bigger than the zerg vs zerg, i'd even say it's the least fun thing).

Not completely true. For example Mid lacks of quickcast CC class, only SM can quickcast mezz and that mezz is crappy. Also for active RA there is no match: Hibs has 3 toons with Ichor (VW, Animist, Eldritch) and 3 with Negative Maelstrom (Animist, Enchanter, Mentalist).
Mid has 1 with Ichor (Shaman that here is totally dumped thanks to endless regen/buff pots and items) and 2 with NM (BD and Spiritmaster).

So I really can't see all this balance you are talking about. And this is a fact, not some biased opinion about one realm or another, Hib has simply more stuff than Mid. And some of this stuff has been given, without a single evident reason, by the staff, picking it from specific patches that have nothing to do with Eden "core" patch-level.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Alando
Wanderer
Wanderer

And add to the arbitrary patchstate the completely fictional items with ToA boni that blatantly favor casters and make baseline stun another 16% longer because templating a hib caster is so easy you can get a fully capped template with 16% dura and all the toys you would ever want without a single ROG drop needed.

Hib got extra spells up the ass by cherry-picking class changes from different patchstates that were never present on any kind of live classic server at any point in time and combine all that with ZERO additions for tanks to counter caster classes or off-set the insane increase in DPS thanks to easy mode debuff nuke trains.

If I wanted to make a freeshard that was all in favor of Hibernia, I would just clone Eden. Because it has been Hibernia favored since the start and all feedback during testing that pointed it out was ignored and players banned who did not take the hint and shut up about it.
Tauleten
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fin / Valar wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:40 pm
Tauleten wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:04 am ...

Not completely true. For example Mid lacks of quickcast CC class, only SM can quickcast mezz and that mezz is crappy. Also for active RA there is no match: Hibs has 3 toons with Ichor (VW, Animist, Eldritch) and 3 with Negative Maelstrom (Animist, Enchanter, Mentalist).
Mid has 1 with Ichor (Shaman that here is totally dumped thanks to endless regen/buff pots and items) and 2 with NM (BD and Spiritmaster).

So I really can't see all this balance you are talking about. And this is a fact, not some biased opinion about one realm or another, Hib has simply more stuff than Mid. And some of this stuff has been given, without a single evident reason, by the staff, picking it from specific patches that have nothing to do with Eden "core" patch-level.
Well other realms don't have AoE Stun, (or insta AoE stun) and if I see people with NM, I'd be thinking; great thats wasted points!
Same goes for seing VW or ANI in a 8 man, yeah they are great fun to play but not optimal in 8 man setups..

Look.. I get what you're saying, I'd allmost go as far as if you want somethin to change; create a excel overview of abilities and classes and make a list whats missing and suggest things, maybe you'll hear from staff why they don't or do want to implement it.