Hazefest's Written AHK Guide for Eden.

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Hazefest
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Hazefest's Written AHK Guide for Eden.

This is my latest version of what you are using for chat suspend. Copy and replace what you have. Save and rerun as admin. Test.

;AHK Script Automatic Suspend/Resume Features Section
~NumpadEnter:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends AHK Script)
~+Enter:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends AHK Script)
~Enter:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends AHK Script)
Suspend, Toggle
ToolTip, % A_IsSuspended ? "Script Suspended" : ""
Return

~NumpadDiv::
~/:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends/Resumes AHK Script)
~':: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends/Resumes AHK Script)
~r:: ;Reply to whisper (Suspends/Resumes AHK Script)
Suspend, On
ToolTip, Script Suspended
Return

~esc:: ;Escape (stops typing in chat. Resumes AHK Script)
Suspend, Off
ToolTip
Return

$^v:: ;Control V (Window's Paste command)
Suspend, Permit
if A_IsSuspended
SendInput, % Clipboard
Return
Gormek
Esquire
Esquire

Hazefest wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:35 pm This is my latest version of what you are using for chat suspend. Copy and replace what you have. Save and rerun as admin. Test.

;AHK Script Automatic Suspend/Resume Features Section
~NumpadEnter:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends AHK Script)
~+Enter:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends AHK Script)
~Enter:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends AHK Script)
Suspend, Toggle
ToolTip, % A_IsSuspended ? "Script Suspended" : ""
Return

~NumpadDiv::
~/:: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends/Resumes AHK Script)
~':: ;Starts typing in chat (Suspends/Resumes AHK Script)
~r:: ;Reply to whisper (Suspends/Resumes AHK Script)
Suspend, On
ToolTip, Script Suspended
Return

~esc:: ;Escape (stops typing in chat. Resumes AHK Script)
Suspend, Off
ToolTip
Return

$^v:: ;Control V (Window's Paste command)
Suspend, Permit
if A_IsSuspended
SendInput, % Clipboard
Return
ty, will try that :)
Taonnor
Wanderer
Wanderer

I don't get any script to run. I used the guide and tried one simple script for test. But it seems when I'm in DAoC that the script will not get any key as input.

Any advice?

Code: Select all

#UseHook
#IfWinActive, ahk_class DAoCMWC
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 1
#MaxHotKeysPerInterval 200
#NoEnv

1:: ;Press 1
{
Send 2
}
Return

#UseHook off
Hazefest
Esquire
Esquire

Taonnor wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:57 pm I don't get any script to run. I used the guide and tried one simple script for test. But it seems when I'm in DAoC that the script will not get any key as input.

Any advice?

1. Is AutoHotKey installed?
2. Did you reboot after install?
3. Are you running Camelot.exe in the Eden folder as admin?
4. Are you running AHK as admin?

Do not use 1-0 in send commands. Use them for the keypresses:: Send is used for non 1-0 keys or alt/control/shift commands. Works better in DAOC.

Also make sure your keys you want to use are not in /keyboard in DAOC.
Garambo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Oh haze thanks alot for this,

got already some nice working scripts after watching ur helpful guides :) Thanks !

But i have a big problem with my Alt Shift Ctrl Keys, here a example:

Minstrl
;Speed
!4::
{
send, {l} (L is my Swap to instrument key)
send, {f1} (Qbind Speed Song)
}
return

the problem here is if i press Alt 4 the result is: Sometimes it works and changes for me to instruments and plays the song, but sometimes it opens my reply (my key reply is on alt L) and just swappes to instruments and doesnt play the song.. u know maybe why ? and its not only here

its with all the Alt Shift Ctrl commands, i also try it with {Alt down}4{Alt up}

u know maybe whats the issue here ?
i also tested if its the case that if i press alt 4 that iam maybe holding Alt to long while he already execute the commands...

greetings garambo hope u can help me with that one :)
Hazefest
Esquire
Esquire

Garambo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:50 am Oh haze thanks alot for this,

got already some nice working scripts after watching ur helpful guides :) Thanks !

Minstrl
;Speed
{
}
return

the problem here is if i press Alt 4 the result is: Sometimes it works and changes for me to instruments and plays the song, but sometimes it opens my reply (my key reply is on alt L) and just swappes to instruments and doesnt play the song.. u know maybe why ? and its not only here

its with all the Alt Shift Ctrl commands, i also try it with {Alt down}4{Alt up}

i also tested if its the case that if i press alt 4 that iam maybe holding Alt to long while he already execute the commands...

The issue here is that you are pressing Alt modifiers. Typically when you add a modifier to a keypress to start a string the player holds down alt/shift/control too long resulting in those modifers bleeding into the send command lines. That might be the issue. Faster tapping of the keys might resolve this.

Alternative is to add Send {alt up} as the first line in the string to release the modifier before the send lines for the /qbinds fire.
Garambo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hazefest wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:30 pm
Garambo wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:50 am Oh haze thanks alot for this,

Minstrl
;Speed
{
}
return

The issue here is that you are pressing Alt modifiers. Typically when you add a modifier to a keypress to start a string the player holds down alt/shift/control too long resulting in those modifers bleeding into the send command lines. That might be the issue. Faster tapping of the keys might resolve this.

Alternative is to add Send {alt up} as the first line in the string to release the modifier before the send lines for the /qbinds fire.
Yeah i think so, for now i changed the key but ill solve it later like that, and if i use a alt modify, ill only use send alt down up, to not mix modifys with other key strikes
Nunki
Esquire
Esquire

Taonnor wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:57 pm I don't get any script to run. I used the guide and tried one simple script for test. But it seems when I'm in DAoC that the script will not get any key as input.
Took me some time to realize that with "Run AHK as admin" it is meant to run your .ahk file via right-click "As Admin".

Also, if anyone has problems with the suspension functions and you are using a different keyboard layout, you have to change the input keys. " ' " was " + " for me and " / " was " - " for me laypout.
Elamli
Wanderer
Wanderer

LoL, nice cheating guide 😂😂
Come on, use your hands, whats this shit?
PsychoTrashCan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Elamli wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:15 am LoL, nice cheating guide 😂😂
Come on, use your hands, whats this shit?
I dislike having to use it too. But being me in my older age i'm not as quick anymore and I just cant compete with someone using AHK so I have resorted to using it as well. Unfortunately Eden has no way to block AHK. Even if they blocked AHK, theres thousands of other programs that can do the same thing. AHK just seems to be the popular choice.

Keep in mind, this is almost required for assasins. And atm assasins are in a very bad spot and are pretty much relegated to fighting eachother. So AHK isnt going to affect other combat as much. It might give other classes a small advantage while playing but in a 1v1 situation it wont make that much difference.