Midgard Needs Valkyrie

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Preclude
Wanderer
Wanderer

Midgard Needs Valkyrie

Midgard is the weakest realm on Eden. It was unfinished at the time of release, has the least number of classes, and continues to be the underdog. The best solution to this problem, is to give Midgard Valkyrie.

Consider for a moment, an Eden specific version of Valkyrie, that can not shear buffs. It's the only Catacombs class that is balanced for this patch level, and would not warp game play. Adding Valkyrie would provide Midgard with the missing piece that it needs to be at parity with the other two realms.

Please consider a community vote for the addition of Valkyrie to the game, to create a balanced Midgard faction.
Peterson
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Midgard Needs Valkyrie

I disagree, At this point the best classes to run are for the old school tank trains. Mids have great melee classes and those need to be used more often. I normally jump all the realms, when i play with mids i see an insane amount of RM's and BD's. Dont get me wrong they are useful in combat and can definitely do alot of damage. But the groups i have ran with a nasty tank train. Those have done the best on mid
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Preclude wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:44 am Midgard is the weakest realm...
Self inflicted. Midgard is a realm that attracts players that have little desire to work together as a realm, and attacks those that do. This leads to the eventual migration away from Midgard as players look for a realm with more cohesion, camaraderie, and less petty drama.
skramer
Esquire
Esquire

Maybe it changed in the day but wasn't the Valk either not played (prior to the buffs) when classic came out, then received sword procs and a healing line, then played in the smallman/bridge camping world along w/ all the other non-meta roaming classes unless you played in the zerg. Don't see how that would change Mid to improve the realm
Godfrey
Esquire
Esquire

Disagree, Valk is not the answer lol.

Midgard is just a different play style like mentioned above. Pain trains with a little bit of casting. It works very well when done right, and just takes a different play style/mind set to get it right.

It's difficult to understand this if you bounce between realms often and get used to baseline stun/cast cast, or spread out with long range casting CC's etc...

Bust honestly in the end, I've seen the exact opposite said over time in the past in that Mid melee groups needs nerf etc. Tank trains with aoe mezz's stuns is very effective. Drivers need to know when to rush in and when to not and lead groups to over extend. Mids can shine big time when we rush into keeps, rooms, wall hugging etc.
Enapay
Esquire
Esquire

In order for the game to be healthy for a while, casual gamers are important. For that you need balanced zergs and not balanced 8mans. On that level, every realm can put up a good fight in both caster and meele groups.

But in Celestius and Atlas both I can not remember a single time a mid zerg won an engangement against an enemy zerg of similar size.

That situation should be adressed, although I have no idea how. Also just to be clear, I dont talk about thidranki zerging but actual lvl 50 rvr here.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Enapay wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:16 pm In order for the game to be healthy for a while, casual gamers are important. For that you need balanced zergs and not balanced 8mans. On that level, every realm can put up a good fight in both caster and meele groups.

But in Celestius and Atlas both I can not remember a single time a mid zerg won an engangement against an enemy zerg of similar size.

That situation should be adressed, although I have no idea how. Also just to be clear, I dont talk about thidranki zerging but actual lvl 50 rvr here.
I agree, one big issue for Mid's zerg are CCs. Pac healer is a wonderful toon for 8man and smalls, but in Zerg are somewhat tedious. Especially in Keep fights (the majority in zerg warfare) a Pac Healer usually stands in a corner, tries to heal a bit and cannot do much more other than instants every 10 minutes. No quickcast means that there is literally no chance to land CCs in keeps. So usually there are very few PacHealers in zergs, and the CC phase is always lost. Think about Hibs, with almost every caster with stun and, of course, they have shrooms. Think about Albs, with Sorcerers and Minstrels and Cleric's heals. Also there is a slight unbalance in AOE and magic damage for Mids. At least thanes are a serious thing here for zerg warfare. But in total the class balance does not favour Midgard in large fights.
I don't know how it could be addressed, honestly, but something should be done to balance zergs or we will face another Phoenix scenario, with lots of Mids 8man roaming and almost no keeps and relics.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

How many times do you see pac and aug healers spam ae amnesia over trying to CC targets that will get broken anyways? Never happens...

Can't really say mid sucks in zergs when the main class (Healer) rarely uses one it's most powerful abilities (castable AE Amnesia).
Meticode
Esquire
Esquire

Preclude wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:44 am Midgard is the weakest realm on Eden. It was unfinished at the time of release, has the least number of classes, and continues to be the underdog. The best solution to this problem, is to give Midgard Valkyrie.

Consider for a moment, an Eden specific version of Valkyrie, that can not shear buffs. It's the only Catacombs class that is balanced for this patch level, and would not warp game play. Adding Valkyrie would provide Midgard with the missing piece that it needs to be at parity with the other two realms.

Please consider a community vote for the addition of Valkyrie to the game, to create a balanced Midgard faction.
Thank you for your post. Unfortunately Valkyries will not be included at all during this season of Eden. Catacombs classes overall will not be included. This was a choice by the developers from the beginning that will remain unchanged unless we go to Season 2 in the future and the ruleset of the server changes to allow Catacombs classes. I would not hold my breathe on that though.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

shoke wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:00 pm How many times do you see pac and aug healers spam ae amnesia over trying to CC targets that will get broken anyways? Never happens...

Can't really say mid sucks in zergs when the main class (Healer) rarely uses one it's most powerful abilities (castable AE Amnesia).
You can't cast Amnesia if you are constantly interrupted. And in Keep Fights the range of Amnesia means nothing. That's what I'm saying: the main CC toon of Mid does not have any mean to avoid interruptions. This is a fact, nothing to debate on. The average number of interrupts from an Alb or Hib zerg is just overwhelming compared to a Mid one (Hib especially with shrooms...).
We will see soon after the release: the map again coloured all green with a few red spots. The same old story.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå