Theurg spec?

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Albion.
Reguile
Wanderer
Wanderer

Theurg spec?

I know ICE is the way to go for PVE, but I heard the 32 ice pet is pretty on par with the lvl 48 ice pet?
If this is the case, would it be pointless to do 48 ice and put those points into something else?
SamVDW
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Theurg spec?

35 Earth / 41 Ice is solid for PvE.

35 Earth / 25 Ice / 32 Air is good for tri-spec, and better for PvP. This one benefits more from high realm rank.

Both will give you yellow group PBT. 35/41 gives you high Ice for PvE. 35/25/32 gives you all three for solid pets and the highest Air for the stun pet in PvP.

Those are just two solid options.
Gravemonk - 50 Friar
Sundowner - 50 Theurgist
ISPY
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Theurg spec?

I play 50 Earth / 20 Ice / 4 Wind

Bright side:
Full earth gives amazingh PvE/RvR group utility, 39% haste debuff, AE DD (the lvl50 one actually hurts), lvl49 spec DD (MoF2 not required!), 6sec bubble and pets that will catch up to near anything and kick for quite some dmg.

Downside:
You can really only use your spec DD & root for PvE, feels like a new toon that just hit lvl11. Ice is SO MUCH better in PvE. Melee pets draw too much aggro and have no utility other then their melee dmg, speed and 'beefyness' (relatively spoken, as only certain classes can't just 1hit them).

I also like:
45 Wind / 26 Earth / 14 Ice (Ghetto Mezz and hart hitting spec DD + stun pets. I'd recommend this after a few RR's)
41 Ice / 35 Earth / 3 Wind (Second best Pet & Snare DD, 8sec bubble)

I'm not a fan of the 35 Earth / 32 Wind / 25 Ice tri-spec, but that's personal preference.
The higher ice pets just hit more better, that's what favors a higher rank. But your focus is on rupting enemies, not dps-ing them down with ice pets, so even the lower ones are ok for that I'd say.

EDIT:
I respecced to 45 Wind / 25 Ice / 16 Earth. Your Ice pets do the same dmg at 25 as the 48's do, the dmg type is also Spirit (like your 45 Wind nuke), you can use Ice/Wind pets without suffering much downsides for the Ice pets and certain PvE runs require this spec (ToA for example). In RvR you miss the bubble pulse spell, but you're way more dangerous with max dmg Ice pets and your nuke.
I still like 50 Earth spec a lot.