Opinion of Eden

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Opinion of Eden

rgarrett wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:51 am
Vladamire wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:52 am
rgarrett wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:32 pm The grind???? this game is so easy and takes a short period of time to become fully geared level 50

Theres no grind in this game play the game you get level 50 and have plenty of money to template

I felt the complete opposite very satisfied with how easy and fast it was to hit 50 and fully template extremely fast and easy

I cant see how anyone could possibly complain about how quick it is to hit 50 and gear up...

its too easy
It's very easy if you don't have a job, family, or any other commitments isn't it? For those of us that have a lot of hours at work, family, other things it's a big deal. This is by far the slowest server ever made to get money or a template. This is 100% dark age of farmelot to never get to rvr.
Good one assuming I dont work all day like you.

Get over it its not difficult stop using your real life as an excuse
Typical forum posts instantly attacking everyone.
I attack back all I see is baby tears.
You are wrong
If you think this is easy in 2 hours to get to 50 and fully tempted, you don't work.
There wasn't ever any attack, go get medication for being paranoid.
You can't see anyone through a monitor, please get checked out for being a psychopath.
No, I'm right, I don't have the time to run 43 raids each and every day. I'm too busy making sure people are ok.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Vladamire wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:04 am
rgarrett wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:51 am
Vladamire wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:52 am

It's very easy if you don't have a job, family, or any other commitments isn't it? For those of us that have a lot of hours at work, family, other things it's a big deal. This is by far the slowest server ever made to get money or a template. This is 100% dark age of farmelot to never get to rvr.
Good one assuming I dont work all day like you.

Get over it its not difficult stop using your real life as an excuse
Typical forum posts instantly attacking everyone.
I attack back all I see is baby tears.
You are wrong
If you think this is easy in 2 hours to get to 50 and fully tempted, you don't work.
There wasn't ever any attack, go get medication for being paranoid.
You can't see anyone through a monitor, please get checked out for being a psychopath.
No, I'm right, I don't have the time to run 43 raids each and every day. I'm too busy making sure people are ok.
Don't feed the troll :mrgreen:
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Redeye
Wanderer
Wanderer

Welp, here we are... 3-4 months in, and the server population is starting to dwindle... even the large zerg/pve guilds have left to play other games...

For the past month, there's hardly been any raids, so if you're trying to template still, you're pretty screwed.

Now, the devs decided to change bonus levels on items, which in my mind was a direct target on templated molvik or bg toons...

Well, it's been real, but I guess it's time to wait for Phoenix relaunch or another.
aemande
Wanderer
Wanderer

It's very sad that the server is dying so quickly. It was really nice to experience something in the bgs and lvln. But unfortunately it's over now, really sad.
Pedro*
Soldier
Soldier

i dont get it

grind?

it took me no time to fully template 3 characters,

i still have 5K+ currency with only rvring or snooping a quick dragon or a 15min sh raid when i feel like it.
also have over 200 plat without farming.

U guys must have been playing a different server
galaxgal
Esquire
Esquire

This server is still outperforming other classic MMO private servers by a pretty wide margin.
Still, it is much harder to template now, due to less frequent raids.
Dok
Esquire
Esquire

I guess I started once the population started to shrink because I went an absurd amount of time to get templated on a fresh 50. Legion raids on NA times were either interrupted by opposing realms or not ran much when I played It made templating very challenging. I had tons of currency that I couldn't use because of the merchant lockout.

So, I started working on making templates for Molvik characters. With the gear changes because of babies crying about people who mainly play BG's, Molvik templates are trashed, and the population takes an even bigger hit.

I was super impressed with how well the server was put together and the systems that were in place to get people playing this game again. But sadly, the recent direction feels like its counterproductive to the longevity of the server. As for the gear changes, I honestly wish the merchant gear would have capped all stats with toa bonuses so the people who were complaining would have just been able to template without work. Instead, you break templates, so nobody has capped gear. And all the time people spent on making templates was just wasted. A big FU to a bunch of your players.

The idea of BG's was to master the skills of your characters, learn how gear matters, find friends/guilds, learn teamwork, and gain some rvr experience so that when you do get to 50 you are not so far behind the people who are already 50 don't walk over you just from RR alone. There are RR levels for BG's and it can take weeks to reach these caps. So, people XP off to gain RR to cap, or they may just like having a BG toon for when NF turns into a ghost town, and they don't like running around for hours in a vast open land and find nothing but quest to do, or possibly they just don't feel like leveling another character to 50. Some want some quick action for an hour or two to unwind from a long day and don't have time to put into the raids to gear 50's. Whatever the reason it was a poor decision to gimp all the time they did put into making templates.

When I did rvr as 50 it was zerg keeps, towers, or other zergs. The only time I was able to get solo, duo, 5man, or 8man it was by zerg surfing . And when running smaller groups doing deserters or rvr quest larger groups just run over to the deserters that give credit for small man deserters (solo/duo/5main) and steamroll anyone that was there. There isn't really an incentive to look for a fair fight. Most think, If you want a 8man fight go to the island. But if you are lower realm rank, go there if you just want to get rolled.

My two coppers...
  • Revert the gear changes.
  • Remove the completion credit to be able to access merchants with currency. Lot of people have currency but can't use it because of this.
  • Try to find out why people are leaving before you add more changes. The current changes are causing the drop in players. Figure out what you changed that made the most negative impact to population and reverse it.
The work you have done is impressive. However, with the recent population dropping quickly I feel that if positive changes are not made soon, the work will all be for nothing. Thanks for what you have created I just hope that its not to late to revive. Currently, its on life support.
Tree L Nine - Axe to Mouth - Molvik County Sheriffs Dept
Doktar, Jammin, Dok, Fetus, Doctar, Doktaar, Squishypig, Zarilen, Beatdown, Dokktar
ISPY
Esquire
Esquire

I'm new to Eden and this will drive me away most probably.
Most players are long time vets that had have high RR and fully temped chars on live or another freeshard. If I need weeks for a simple caster temp with literally any raid necessary to gear up, something feels very wrong to me. This is supported by the fact that solo salv-farming is non existant here.
You're literally forced to do this content as new player.

I came to Eden to have action/fun in RvR with a temped char, not to re-experience the PvE Raid/Quest content.

Why is the solo farming/salvaging so horrible imbalanced?
Why can't I trade back and forth currency (Exchange NPC) I've farmed myself that can't be traded anyways?
Gormek
Esquire
Esquire

ISPY wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:02 pm I'm new to Eden and this will drive me away most probably.
Most players are long time vets that had have high RR and fully temped chars on live or another freeshard. If I need weeks for a simple caster temp with literally any raid necessary to gear up, something feels very wrong to me. This is supported by the fact that solo salv-farming is non existant here.
You're literally forced to do this content as new player.

I came to Eden to have action/fun in RvR with a temped char, not to re-experience the PvE Raid/Quest content.

Why is the solo farming/salvaging so horrible imbalanced?
Why can't I trade back and forth currency (Exchange NPC) I've farmed myself that can't be traded anyways?
First of all, farm salvage is the only way to make money here pretty much other than selling currency items, just learn where to farm and stop thinking this is live, it's different here, you have to kill named mobs for decent salvage loot, dragon zones or the lvl 40+ dungeons both have a lot of them.

Sencond, you can exchange currency in the throne room of each realm.
ISPY
Esquire
Esquire

Gormek wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:24 pmSencond, you can exchange currency in the throne room of each realm.
But if I change it back, I lose currency.
Why is that a thing? There is no benefit in punishing people for doing so.