The drop rate is far too low.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

The drop rate is far too low.

Outside of running dungeons with groups and killing purp monsters, the drop rate for smaller scale PvE is far too low. At 50 I had blue armor and weapons, and gray items.

While trying to make money to fund crafting / house and the usual kit upgrades, I am finding it absolutely frustrating and a waste of time trying to find mobs to farm for decent jewelry and salvage. I ran with a group in DF killing multiple high level mobs and got a few seals out of the deal. I tried soloing in sheeroe and got a single drop after like 15 mob kills. I tried CM with the same results. I tried doing the champ level dungeon and got nothing.

So what's the point?

I have no problem with grouping from time to time, but when you have a specific goal of making cash to fund your character, or a limited amount of time to play, then you just want to settle down and do some farming on your character. The current settings make it a lesson in frustration and anger, and make me less and less inclined to log on.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Re: The drop rate is far too low.

Get along with it, solo farming is not considered a thing here. You must find a group, a good one, and farm somewhere or you'll never be rich enough to get a decent template, especially on an Hybrid toon.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Fin / Valar wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:27 pm ...solo farming is not considered a thing here.
Well, apparently neither is duo, or small scale grouping, as I've done those, too, with similar results.

Players won't continue playing under these conditions, and there is zero justification for them.
Fengist
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yup, they nerfed group drops since beta. It's very obvious. But do be careful how you word your opinions. I got kicked off discord for complaining about the same exact thing.

I was never given a satisfactory answer from a dev I spoke to about why they bashed the economy. What I was given was 'instructions' on how to run around solo and kill named mobs for drops or how to use their database to figure out what MIGHT drop where. I wish I were joking.

I gave up after lvl 50. Got a plot, could afford a cottage, nothing else. That's all the cash I had and I wasn't going to stand around for DAYS trying to fill a bag to salvage.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Fengist wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:47 pm Yup, they nerfed group drops since beta. It's very obvious. But do be careful how you word your opinions. I got kicked off discord for complaining about the same exact thing.

I was never given a satisfactory answer from a dev I spoke to about why they bashed the economy. What I was given was 'instructions' on how to run around solo and kill named mobs for drops or how to use their database to figure out what MIGHT drop where. I wish I were joking.

I gave up after lvl 50. Got a plot, could afford a cottage, nothing else. That's all the cash I had and I wasn't going to stand around for DAYS trying to fill a bag to salvage.
Well.... If I will be ever kicked off a free-game forum (or discord) for saying what I think.... I believe I won't give a fook and just turn away :D

Anyway, the issue is real, I hope there will be some kind of adjustement, else we will all be forced to spend months to have a decent template (unless you get some good group to farm for a short period)
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Warpfield
Wanderer
Wanderer

When my animist hit 50 I went from CL0-CL3 almost exclusively on warshades. After all those hours of killing I ended up with zero Glimmershade bracers. Your chances are better of getting hit by lightning......or me getting back together with my ex.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Warpfield wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:44 am went from CL0-CL3 almost exclusively on warshades. After all those hours of killing I ended up with zero Glimmershade bracers.
The high value drops aren't the only issue at hand, as you can't even get your average salvage to drop at a reasonable rate, and salvage is the most common way players make money to fund crafting, housing, and equipment upgrades. No salvage, no money. No money, no character upgrades. No character upgrades, no players.

There was a lot of emphasis about making the server "patch accurate" during beta, but the drop rate is NOT patch accurate, the salvage rate is NOT patch accurate, and yet the crafting time and costs remain unadjusted to compensate for those changes.

Unless this issue is addressed to allow players to do what they've always done to make money and improve their characters, ie farm salvage at a reasonable rate, it WILL have an extremely detrimental impact on player numbers, and ultimately lead to the failure of the server at an accelerated rate.
Skiidzman
Esquire
Esquire

Yeah, I've run all over Alb as a theurg and the drops are just meh, aside from the few known spots simply overlooked.
ISPY
Esquire
Esquire

Is this still accurate or was I just experiencing a bad RNG day?

I'm new to Eden (since two weeks +-) and gearing up is pretty slow and time consuming. I know DAoC, have played 1000's of hours back then. Getting temped and farming mindlessly on a freeshard is not an experience I sought after. Any PvE content outside of ig-currency farm is sort of dead. I had like 8 temped chars on Phoenix and it was super easy to do so. I don't even think about temping a toon anymore, as a simple caster temp alone will result in weeks of doing repetitive PvE content that the BG leaders just blast through in minutes to get currency to buy stuff. Why can't I efficiently farm my crap myself? It may be slower, but on Eden this is straight up impossible.

How should a casual be able to farm a temp in a realistic time frame? You need to run PoC, SI raids, Dragon raids, NF quests and what not to be able to play the game at the same gear level as others in RvR. If you can't dedicate 3h+ a day to a community driven freeshard for a 20+ year old game, you're kinda lost. I get that most players are shard-vets, but it takes too long and isn't rewarding at all as far as I can tell as a new player.

Am I delusional?

Same for currency exchange btw. Why on earth is there a loss if I want to trade back and forth something I have farmed myself and can't be bought/traded anywhere? What's the benefit/balancing reason behind that? Making people value their ig-achievments more? I don't get it.

This post reflects the 'new player' experience of someone that wanted to go RvR in a temp and have some action.
I'm now at hour 30 and still miss 12pcs. of my desired temp.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

ISPY wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:42 pm
Is this still accurate or was I just experiencing a bad RNG day?

Am I delusional?

This post reflects the 'new player' experience of someone that wanted to go RvR in a temp and have some action.
I'm now at hour 30 and still miss 12pcs. of my desired temp.
You are not delusional. You are just not being efficient about it. Some of it depends too on how effective your class is at actually farming too.

You can get your epic armor at level 45. There's not a lot of reason to be in blue gear at 50 because of this. The epic is pretty easy to do with only one challenging part in the frontier. You may die a few times in a pvp zone on the hard step, but oh well usually within 3 runs you can get past this step and move on.

Sub 45, I would recommend going to DF and doing something like Tempters for sapphire seals. You can farm up a full set, and while doing so will get some supplementary items while doing so. This is a situation though where grouping is better again, because you could also do diamond seal mobs at that level if you are grouped and make more raw money.

For Salvage, go to DF and kill hulks for seals, then salvage the diamond items. If hulks have 1,000 hibs camping 12 hulks, then the other diamond mobs near the princes can be good too. I've even gone down as far as Lilith's minions soloing them for the alchemy parts and seals and you can do pretty well still. If you can't salvage, then sell the diamond seals them for 11-12g each.

If DF isn't open, you can try EV. There are Awakend Goblins at the docks, around the ring, and even in the center. These usually drop ROG items. I got a celerity pierce off of one also. They are kind of tough though and run very fast so bring campfires. I like to hit these while doing the solo box / plant quest when i have to go to EV to get the plant part.

Another path you can take with currency is in NF the box quests and plant quest which have to be done solo. If you are good at this, you can add in the duo deserter quests too and solo them. If you get all 3 deserter quests, all 3 box quests, and the plant you'll end up with 5600 rps and 70 currency items. You can do these quests even if you have no template, because chances are if something kills you it's going to be a gang of stealthers or a roaming group that your template would be worthless against anyway - so just dont care about it and move on. When you select your currency, always select the currency that generally converts at the highest ratio for your realm (usually SH or TOA for hib). Also, you can do the daily solo for another 100 currency a day.

70 currency doesn't seem like a lot, but these quests respawn faster than raid bosses, so you can do them more and they add up. You just need to be a little thick skinned about it and will sometimes see minor setbacks. Most recently i've been seeing more players becoming rvr failures and washing out to running groups in these zones, but even then its not hard to get 5 boxes and get out unseen on a visi character.