How to connect via wine on GNU/Linux?

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
Wytrabbit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: How to connect via wine on GNU/Linux?

It did not fix it no. I even added the "websocket" library. This is my log although I think it's the same error as yours:

Code: Select all

wine: Call from 7B0111E6 to unimplemented function websocket.dll.WebSocketCreateClientHandle, aborting
EdenLauncher Verbose: 16 : WS Connect Error: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketProtocolComponent' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
   at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketProtocolComponent.WebSocketCreateClientHandle_Raw(Property[] properties, UInt32 propertyCount, SafeWebSocketHandle& webSocketHandle)
   at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketProtocolComponent.GetSupportedVersion()
   at System.Net.WebSockets.WebSocketProtocolComponent..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.WebSockets.ClientWebSocket..ctor()
   at EdenLauncher.EdenWebSocket.Start() in C:\Eden\eden-launcher\WebSocket.cs:line 73
Adam
Developer
Developer

We're also having this WebSocket implementation issue for some Windows 7, the original plan was to share the same service for the forum and the launcher, but since we ended up separating forum & launcher implementations, we will be able to turn the launcher's one into a simple TCP socket, which will be fully supported for every environment, it will just take a bit of time, kind of a rush right now :) but that's what's coming!
Wytrabbit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Awesome, thank you!
Goom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Adam wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:03 pm it will just take a bit of time, kind of a rush right now :)
Thanks for the heads up! Focus on gameplay first; us Linux users know we are small fish :)
Adam
Developer
Developer

Hello dear Linux users, i would like you to try out the latest EdenLauncher.zip this time it's compiled for .NET 4.5 and without System.Net.WebSockets
Keep me updated if everything is ok, thanks!
juicybit
Wanderer
Wanderer

I'm in. :ugeek:

This seems to work.

All I did was uninstall the msi client and copy pasted the contents of the zip into the EdenLauncher folder.
Wytrabbit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yes the new one works! For reproducibility in Lutris: I created a fresh DAoC install with Lutris, I set the prefix to Windows 7, used winetricks to install dotnet40, dotnet45, and I'm using wine version lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64

Thank you Adam! I'd buy you a beer if I could!
Adam
Developer
Developer

Wytrabbit wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:14 pm Thank you Adam! I'd buy you a beer if I could!
Your positive vibes is worth 10 beers! Thanks a lot for your feedback :) cheers!
kainan
Wanderer
Wanderer

I extracted the new launcher and I'm in too :D Thanks a lot Adam, this works beautifully!
Goom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dunno why its not working for me. Made a new prefix set to win7, only installed dotnet45, and used the new installer. Getting the below error every time after pasting in token (same error when set to win10, installing dotnetcore3, dotnet48...):

Code: Select all

EdenLauncher Verbose: 13 : WS Connect Error: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Unknown error (0x273f)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..ctor(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType)
   at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.ConnectAsyncExtension.ConnectAsync(EndPoint remoteEndPoint, EndPoint localEndPoint, ConnectedCallback callback, Object state)
   at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.TcpClientSession.Connect(EndPoint remoteEndPoint)
   at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.Open()
   at EdenLauncher.EdenWebSocket.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<<Start>b__0>d.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at EdenLauncher.EdenWebSocket.Start()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Unknown error (0x273f)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..ctor(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType)
   at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.ConnectAsyncExtension.ConnectAsync(EndPoint remoteEndPoint, EndPoint localEndPoint, ConnectedCallback callback, Object state)
   at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.TcpClientSession.Connect(EndPoint remoteEndPoint)
   at WebSocket4Net.WebSocket.Open()
   at EdenLauncher.EdenWebSocket.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<<Start>b__0>d.MoveNext()<---