Salvage

Find any bug ? Report it !
Karen
Developer
Developer

Salvage

Please report issues with salvage here. In writing moment you can salvage dropped items and ROGs, player crafted will come soon.

Edit: Comments not following viewtopic.php?t=55 are removed.
Rabarz
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Salvage

I got thread from an ROG salvage instead of cloth squares. I don't believe this is correct - normally always get cloth squares.

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lev
Wanderer
Wanderer

The picture explains it all. Probably a little bit on the high end for salvage return.
Salvage.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dranith / Mura
Wanderer
Wanderer

I just salvaged two of the same item (Sleeves of the Lost) that I got while questing in Salisbury. One salvaged into 12 Silk Cloth Squares, and the other in 12 Silk Heavy Thread. I can't see any pattern to it so far, but it seems like cloth will sometimes randomly salvage into thread instead of squares.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Rabarz wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:19 pm I got thread from an ROG salvage instead of cloth squares. I don't believe this is correct - normally always get cloth squares.
Capture.PNG
Fixed by next reboot.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Dranith / Mura wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:05 am I just salvaged two of the same item (Sleeves of the Lost) that I got while questing in Salisbury. One salvaged into 12 Silk Cloth Squares, and the other in 12 Silk Heavy Thread. I can't see any pattern to it so far, but it seems like cloth will sometimes randomly salvage into thread instead of squares.
Same as viewtopic.php?p=2371#p2371
Karen
Developer
Developer

Lorg wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:56 pm salvaged a small round shield and got wood Shields should salvage for metal.
Salvage values are all verry wrong. getting 1-3 bars of metal or wood from items is less than you got on pheonix where you would get 1-3 rogs every kill
Phoenix values were incorrect and made up. Please don't use that as a source.
Rabarz
Warrior
Warrior

I've tested a lot of loot table salvage and it all looks correct (aligns with item DB values).

The current ROG salvage seems to be set to a hard 3 items for all ROG. I believe the ROG salvage should be based on the type of ROG and size of the item per patch notes in 1.59 recorded here: https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/P ... rsion_1.59. The relevant section is:

-----------------------------------------------------
Unique Item Generator

In the expansion areas and certain dungeons the Unique Item generator is used. Areas that use these see more treasure drops on average than old areas of the game. We had not altered the salvage on the objects to compensate for that fact. The base objects for the Random Item Generator now have a consistent salvage value and are now broken down by size.

Small items - small weapons, small shields, boots and gauntlets.

Medium items - medium sized weapons, medium shields sleeves and helms.

Large items - large weapons, large shields, leggings and chestpieces.

Metal / Strips / Ore Wood / Leather Cloth
S 5 12 18
M 10 24 36
L 15 36 54
----------------------------------------------------
Karen
Developer
Developer

Thanks for digging this up. We are currently doing investigation if this system was kept as ROGs were reworked/expanded after ToA release. Will update upon result.
Creepincrud
Esquire
Esquire

Hibernia:

Leather Trinketing.

Recipes for leather trinketing are for a small gain over selling the leather and trinketing the base metal.

Tempered Leather Scabbard:
1- Arcanite bar (+2s 55s 15c sold raw) (+5g 3s 1c sold as a bracket)
1- Tempered Leather (+1g 9s 35c sold raw)
1- Silksteel Thread (-1g 31s 22c)
= Tempered Leather Scabbard (7g 52s 69c) - Thread costs (1g 31s 22c) = 6g 21s 47c profit

Sell arc bar as Trinket = 5g 3s 1c
sell leather raw = 1g 9s 35c
Profit = 6g 12s 36c

Price difference = +9s 11c

Leather trinketing is not worth doing.