Valewalker in RVR

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Hibernia.
roadkizzle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Valewalker in RVR

Will Valewalkers be appreciated in RVR?

They seem to me they would be.

Disease AOE and Damage Add.

If they aren't useful in RVR I think something needs to change about them because all of their damaging abilities really are positional so I felt they struggled solo.
Duran
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Valewalker in RVR

roadkizzle wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:36 pm Will Valewalkers be appreciated in RVR?

They seem to me they would be.

Disease AOE and Damage Add.

If they aren't useful in RVR I think something needs to change about them because all of their damaging abilities really are positional so I felt they struggled solo.
you have a fronstyle with a follow up style with a 150er dd... this is perfect for solo ^^
Schwertwal
Wanderer
Wanderer

VW belong to the top tier solo classes. Most enemies simply have no counter to kite capabilities, damage is huge and thanks to lifeleech you are quit sustainable.

For 8men they lack s lot of stuff that is required from their slot: no peels, only positional stuns, very soft, no det, no charge and while the desease is the only interesting thing for them the buffs or rr5 they offer is quite lackluster fur such scenarios.
Cadebrennus the Drunken Ranger
Wanderer
Wanderer

Schwertwal wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:12 am VW belong to the top tier solo classes. Most enemies simply have no counter to kite capabilities, damage is huge and thanks to lifeleech you are quit sustainable.

For 8men they lack s lot of stuff that is required from their slot: no peels, only positional stuns, very soft, no det, no charge and while the desease is the only interesting thing for them the buffs or rr5 they offer is quite lackluster fur such scenarios.
What's wrong with positional stuns? From the Classic days when only Hib stealthers had positional stuns (among the stealther classes) it was made out to be "as good as an anytime stun". Same goes for 35 Shield and 23 Shield specs on classes that can spec Shield. In semi-skilled hands, especially in group play, side and rear stuns are very easy to pull off.
Crash Tan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Schwertwal wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:12 am VW belong to the top tier solo classes. Most enemies simply have no counter to kite capabilities, damage is huge and thanks to lifeleech you are quit sustainable.

The char builder shows they can skill Det, is that not the case in game?
Malidry
Wanderer
Wanderer

On phoenix and celestius there were quite a few 4/4 hib groups that ran a VW as MA. If VW gets CC (other than mez) he can still cast and interupt. I think the setup was bard druid warden bard, hero, bm, champ, vw. Sometimes only 1 bard and add another tank to the train.
phosphatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Crash Tan wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:25 pm

The char builder shows they can skill Det, is that not the case in game?
Yes they can, and I did for sure! :D