inf/ns/sb? race? and why?

ranger/hunter/scout? race? and why?

how do auto train work on this server?
djargo42
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Best stealther?

afaik

inf/ns/sb will always detect a hunt/rang/scout if they have the same amount in stealth

other than than, its up to the amount in stealth, and perhaps the pc with quickest update/refresh.
Pollo Jack
Esquire
Esquire

Low RR, Assassins are objectively better.

High RR, MoS plays a bigger part and getting a crit arrow on you before you can close the distance is devastating. Good use of poisons can makeup for this gap but that relies on the assassins skills.

Scouts will dominate all else if they have access to snare regardless of RR. Not sure that they do here.

Sin vs Sin

Infiltrator normally takes the lead low RR as they get a bonus to skill points per lvl.

Mid to High range it is a tossup between SB and NS. SB has massive raw damage and NS can buff their poison and burst dmg with MoA and MoF. SB also has the best stat allocation and can switch to crush when appropriate.

Autotrain isn't something to think about. You get the extra points regardless.
giatuareg
Wanderer
Wanderer

Pollo Jack wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:00 am Low RR, Assassins are objectively better.

High RR, MoS plays a bigger part and getting a crit arrow on you before you can close the distance is devastating. Good use of poisons can makeup for this gap but that relies on the assassins skills.

Scouts will dominate all else if they have access to snare regardless of RR. Not sure that they do here.

Sin vs Sin

Infiltrator normally takes the lead low RR as they get a bonus to skill points per lvl.

Mid to High range it is a tossup between SB and NS. SB has massive raw damage and NS can buff their poison and burst dmg with MoA and MoF. SB also has the best stat allocation and can switch to crush when appropriate.

Autotrain isn't something to think about. You get the extra points regardless.
Are you sure about MoS?
so an archer with mos5 see assassin with mos 5 but no viceversa?
I dont udnerstand this patch level
Pollo Jack
Esquire
Esquire

giatuareg wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:58 am Are you sure about MoS?
so an archer with mos5 see assassin with mos 5 but no viceversa?
I dont udnerstand this patch level
Archers have access to Camouflage, which isn't up all the time sure but can give an unexpected edge. Additionally, even if they see each other at the same time from afar, distance must still be closed.
Mortarion
Esquire
Esquire

from reading this i'm not sure anyone replying actually played any of these chars and the responses are all theorycraft or from cerca 2005.

best stealther in a minstrel and its no contest.

after that, its a scout followed by a tie with ranger/hunter. archers on this server get a ton of tools. scouts can snare and ofc slam and block arrows. hunters get a nifty pet and rangers can root you with a melee ability and still actually melee just fine even with low spec. all archers get an evade buff that effectively gives them identical evade to an assassin in melee combat on a 5 min CD.

as far as assassins are concerned NS is the runaway king at basically any RR. after that inf is in second place followed VERY far away by SBs. all you have to do is look at the herald and see that there are basically like 4 active SBs on this server that are 50. There are basically no high RR active SBs. and the only reason i have as many lwrp as i do is because i mostly duo with a hunter because if you solo then just lol. you might kill a caster or two. but you sure as shit won't 1v1 anything wearing more than cloth armor.

inf access to 2.5 spec points mean they can 5spec at rr5. as an SB you need to be at least rr8 but realistically rr10 because anything less than 50 LA isnt viable. most infs spec 50 DW and crank CS later in life. NS can get away with 44 CD and still out dmg an SB and be on par or better than an inf and thus can also 5 spec much earlier in life.

basically if you want to dominate as a stealther roll a minstrel. after that roll an archer. if you want a decent sin life, go inf or ns. and if you like hearing nails on a chaulkboard while you slowly shove 1 pineapple up your ass and the other down your mouth simultaneously, then roll and SB.
deking52
Wanderer
Wanderer

Moratarion,

Thanks for the candid response. As an Inf refugee from Mordred years ago, coming back as a stealth character still has a lot of appeal. So, just to be clear - the solo stealth game here on Eden is NS>Inf>SB, correct? And Infs are speccing 50 DW now rather than CS? Has CS been nerfed?

Forgive me newbness, but so much is different from 15 some years ago:) Any clarity appreciated.

Loved the pineapple analogy:)