Protect/Guard 1/2/3 Question

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Arshesmaral
Esquire
Esquire

Protect/Guard 1/2/3 Question

Okay, I feel slightly ashamed in having to ask this, because I'm an old school, play on dial up on a Gateway computer, forgot my flippin' BG platform medallion DAoC player, but...

What are the differences between Protect 1/2/3? I'm assuming that it's the amount of threat generated, but does it also expand the abilities that Protect covers in terms of aggro generation?

Similarly, what is the differences between Guard 1/2/3? I am aware that the size of your equipped shield determines how many blocks you can perform in a given combat round, but in terms of blocking for another, what does the level 5/10/15 Guard abilities provide in terms of tangible difference between them?

I've been wondering for over twenty years, and never asked. Cause, y'know, I'm shy or something.
otaur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Protect/Guard 1/2/3 Question

Protect: The protector takes a percentage of the protected players threat generation. Values are increased from Protect 1 - 3 (cannot remember exact values at this time, if I find the values again, I will share). (Only useful in PvE)

Guard: Grants the ability to block for group member, the chance is increased based on shield skill/guard level. (Useful everywhere)

This is all I remember at this time.