Thinking of playing here i got questions

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
xisted
Soldier
Soldier

Thinking of playing here i got questions

hi saw a youtube video about season 2 of this server.
so i have a few questions befor i decide to play here

1) How is the leveling up? is it the old school way? cause i think im to old for that :D
2) i know its beta right now but how many players did the server have last season? cause 60-60-80+ aint so much and i dont wanna play on an empty server
3) how hard is it to get a character geared for frontier?
4) i never really liked new frontier i always thought it was to big. i say make old frontier the main :P ( opinion )
5) if i make a character now in the beta will it get deleted when its launch?
Rtha
Worldbuilder
Worldbuilder

Re: Thinking of playing here i got questions

1) You can level the old school way, completely through battlegrounds PvP, or with over 1200 custom quests spread through every SI and classic zones.
2) Last Season had 3600 players concurrently. It will likely be more in S2.
3) Gearing up is easy. Can be done through RvR, 8 man instances, raids, or trade with other players.
4) You will like our New Frontiers. We have systems to dynamically concentrate action based on how many players are active
5) Of course
Amnesia is the best button in the game.
xisted
Soldier
Soldier

Rtha wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:50 pm 1) You can level the old school way, completely through battlegrounds PvP, or with over 1200 custom quests spread through every SI and classic zones.
2) Last Season had 3600 players concurrently. It will likely be more in S2.
3) Gearing up is easy. Can be done through RvR, 8 man instances, raids, or trade with other players.
4) You will like our New Frontiers. We have systems to dynamically concentrate action based on how many players are active
5) Of course
6) ive been snooping around the forum and read alote of complains that its to hard to get fully templated for rvr. are u doing
any fixes for this in season 2?
7) i like to play archer and i read that they are kind of shit have they been balanced? or should i play assasin insted? in season 2?
Rtha
Worldbuilder
Worldbuilder

I think you're looking at the wrong parts of the internet for both of those points. No one rational can say that archers are weak or that gearing up is hard at the moment.
xisted
Soldier
Soldier

Rtha wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:46 pm I think you're looking at the wrong parts of the internet for both of those points. No one rational can say that archers are weak or that gearing up is hard at the moment.
eden forum
xp and templates
viewtopic.php?t=3261
viewtopic.php?t=2962
viewtopic.php?t=1662

archery
viewtopic.php?t=2943
viewtopic.php?t=3257
Rtha
Worldbuilder
Worldbuilder

viewtopic.php?t=3261 isn't about XP/gearing. It even says:
not an issue for this crowd while leveling up and working on a character's gear/template. It's actually quite enjoyable and relaxing to jump on for 45min-1hr if you can find the play time and work on leveling up a character.
- it's about having trouble finding something meaningful to do in RvR. This problem is fixed and continutes to be tuned with dynamic misisons that were introduced in beta.

viewtopic.php?t=2962 Group requirement for quests been adressed with NF quest alternative that can be smallmanned/solo'd. The stealth/archery points are plain wrong.

viewtopic.php?t=1662 Look at the date - it's one week after launch of S1. Token rates have almost tripled since then.

viewtopic.php?t=2943 Post from the same low skill archer. Go to the Eden Discord's archer channels and see reality

viewtopic.php?t=3257 "Rangers need love" - rangers have been the most played and highest performing archers throughout S1 and S2 beta. This post, again, is far from reality. Archers are a hybrid class that have to play both ranged and melee - ignoring one for the other will make the class perform worse. That said, powershot was buffed in beta and new gearing options introduced.

Thank you for teaching us that the forum has to be moderated harder and that we should not leave misinformation up.

Please use the Discord for questions like this https://discord.gg/eden-daoc - as this is the support forum where players ask for direct help from staff.