STRONG SUGGESTION

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
VapinPagan
Wanderer
Wanderer

STRONG SUGGESTION

I left a crappy daoc mimic game called Champions of Regnum to come back to daoc. Problem is the same crap that went on there is going on here too.

Eden needs to NERF the living crap out of mezz/stun spells BAD!!!
Players have come to rely on it now rather than actually learning how to play and fight on their character. Mezz or stun the crap out of you and then beat you to death. May as well be beating a passed out drunk to death. This takes NO SKILL at all!!! Not to mention the stunned or mezzed player does not even get a chance to defend themselves or fight back.

This is NOT enjoyable game play, it is BS.
VapinPagan
8th Degree Earthen Pagan Priest
Tacp
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: STRONG SUGGESTION

I don't disagree with you. CC is core to DAoC mechanics and always have been, my solution would be to drastically reduce CC effectiveness by 75% or more with a 120 second immunity to all forms of CC after. It would place a more tactical approach to gameplay rather than root, mez, stun, snare, rinse and repeat. Blow purge on a mez or stun only to be hit immediately by the next form of debilitating CC.

Mez should not last longer than 20 seconds. Stun should have a max duration of 5 seconds, roots should last no longer than 20 seconds. Pick your poison, apply it and enjoy CC immunity for the next 2 minutes.

Dump purge altogether and make CC actually count for something but not punishing once you blow that precious purge only to get CC'd again in it's various forms.

I understand that this affects small man to tackle 8 mans and 8 mans to tackle zergs, but it's not fun for the 90% of the playerbase who never experiences those overwhelming victories anyway. I'd rather play the game, use my tool kit wisely and let the chips fall where they will.
Clemy
Wanderer
Wanderer

strongly no, CC is what make DAOC unique, magic dmg, melee dmg, heals, CC, all have to be equaly strong so you can enjoy every class.
fabsley
Esquire
Esquire

Comparing DAoC to a game and its problems, which you yourself called "a crappy mimic version of daoc" seems kinda odd.

Learning different kinds of CC and how to play around / against them, is one core aspect of DAoC RvR. There are many games that reduced crowd control in ways you suggested, and guess what, they all suck - thats why we play DAoC for more than 20 years.

Sorry to say that, but your "idea" seems incredibly unreflected to me, and appears to be the result of a very negative experience.