Link dead happens many times

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
todsj88
Wanderer
Wanderer

Link dead happens many times

Hello,

Recently I have experienced sudden disconnection many times. Red pings keep coming up irregularly. When I was playing rvr and encountered disconnection, I asked my group colleagues and I heard in most of cases, I am only one disconnected except even in few cases everyone got disconnected.

I did two things to investigate.

1. I checked my internet line by checking speed and ping responses. Ping result was 30-40% loss rate and under 240ms.

2. I updated client patches through the 3rd menu in Eden launcher. It was strange whenever I click the patch button, it is always asking me to update same patch even I had done. I did it many times expecting to stop link dead. I don't think this is related to disconnection.

I am worrying about when I play rvr and encounter realm enemies, I cannot gaurantee I can play stably with my group colleagues against other realms. I am nervous because of this problem not in-game issues.

Please check. Thanks.
Sathariel
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Link dead happens many times

Your first point confirms that the issue lies with your connection.
A ping result of 30-40% packet loss rate and around 240ms almost guarantees that LDs will frequently happen.

Your best bet is using a gaming focused VPN. Try free trials and see if it fixes your issue. Mudfish for example is cheap and has points optimized for Eden.
todsj88
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Link dead happens many times

Sathariel wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:02 pm Your first point confirms that the issue lies with your connection.
A ping result of 30-40% packet loss rate and around 240ms almost guarantees that LDs will frequently happen.

Your best bet is using a gaming focused VPN. Try free trials and see if it fixes your issue. Mudfish for example is cheap and has points optimized for Eden.
Thank you very much. My problem solved. :)

/hug