Main tank changes

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Hadi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Main tank changes

While I welcome the reduction in cost for determination across the board, I fail to understand the reasoning behind lowering our inherent secondary magic resists.

With the changes to debuffs, it's fair to assume there will be higher cast dmg flying around, particularly in zerg fights, as you'll always be debuffed with the "correct" dmg type. Adding to that the fact that hybrids are getting stoicism for free, plus the reduced cost for det means, relative to other classes, a nerf to main tanks.

I don't think there's any argument that this is a nerf - what I'd like to know is why, preferably coming from the person(s) that took this decision.

Thanks.
Now/Steve
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Main tank changes

I agree, you HAVE respend the 'free' Det points into AoM just to be at the same point before change. So the real gain is 2 RA points.
All casters are buffed to hell with the zero a skill Debuffing all resists so Heavy tanks gonna be dropped easier than ever and pushing becomes way too risky.
Reaver gets Charge + Sto
Savage get Charge + Sto
All classes get the Cheaper Det so they will gain the 12 points. Or free charge2/AoM5 + 2 Points spare.
Hero gets the same amount of Det and AoM for 2 bonus Points to spend.
Hero cant deal with charge tanks (now is 4 of them) tanks very well and now the hybrids can have 80% to 90% the same Det as a hero and if less AoM pushing is gonna be way too hard with the caster buffs.
It's fun changes for everyone except Heavy Tanks so far.
succi
Esquire
Esquire

heavy tanks in s1 were too effective at soaking damage

they would always be the offensive tank in 8v8, with light tanks staying mid field to do pressure via damage

whilst this wasn't terrible, the changes somewhat mix things up
Hadi
Wanderer
Wanderer

They mix things up by enabling hybrids like Thane, Champ and Reaver to fulfill the MT role due to free stoicism I, reduced cost for det and CL hp changes, and excel beyond what a MT could do due to not only not receiving nerfs to survivability, but buffs to dmg due to changes to lvl50 styles - and on top of that they provide a lot more utility, particularly in keep fights, where MTs are now finally nothing more than ram drivers, or forced to enter/exit main door to dps the enemy ram.
DarkestAge
Wanderer
Wanderer

I see things the same way. I was enjoying playing my warrior but I never had the impression he was overpowered and in need of a nerf. The heavy tank has one main job and that is to take a beating. Now that is reduced and I don't see any other purpose to the class.

Let's review the situation:
Secondary resists cut in half.
Shield swipe no longer engages the main hand weapon.
King's Shield buff only boosts resists when equipped now instead of a permanent boost.
Pin shield style not given to the so-called master of melee.
Debuffing is more easily done and will be more effective.
Other classes using similar weapons and styles get offensive procs. Why doesn't the heavy tank get any unique combat styles like the best bleeds or a chance to disarm for a round or two? Something...

Some of that makes sense but the tank has gone backwards while most classes are showing gains.

I expect there will be fewer heavy tanks in S2. I think my warrior is retired from battle.