Season 2: Increase RP Per Kill: Make the Grind more Enjoyable

Discuss about RvR
Effectus
Esquire
Esquire

Season 2: Increase RP Per Kill: Make the Grind more Enjoyable

DEVS,

You're awesome. What you have created on EDEN is Great.

My only """"only""" reservation about the entire server is the RPs per kill, or smaller rewards of RPS.

Keep the RR Caps. They are NEEDED.

Is it at all possible to increase RPs per kill (x4)? I do not think this will hurt the hardcore players as they will still have the daily time on their characters to "perfect" their art of playing. Higher RP reward on quest. This isn't 2001 the slow grind is not needed.

I do however think this will help lessen the split between casual players (who have careers, families, other commitments, that make up 85% of the player base) to have a chance. Most of the casual players were hardcore when DAOC was at it's heyday and they have the necessary skills, but cannot and will not commit several hours every single day.

I would play more if I didn't feel like I had to play every single day just to maintain the RR cap.

I want to play, have fun, and make some RPS when I'm getting kills, or having great fights.

This will not hurt the 8man's as more overall population will continue playing the game.

People are less likely to cry or log because they were zerged or died in an RvR zone when the RPS are raining in.

Just my 2 cents.
Send It.
holymolybm69
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Season 2: Increase RP Per Kill: Make the Grind more Enjoyable

I agree with the attempt to leveling the realm skills gap based on play time but most of the bg's are lead by the "no life" players.. what is their incentive? I very much like the call outs on leaders in the bg channels and fortification successes and failure. Ego is an important thing to most and giving the recognition is very important.

Making changes to accommodate the average hours per week the 85% play is a good thing but we still need the extreme players to be incentivized.

Perhaps a success board for BG and group leaders?

thoughts?
Zeik
Wanderer
Wanderer

Agreed in that there really needs to be a strong motivation for people with many real life responsibilities and a small amount of play time to log in. I imagine there is a large portion of the player base that just doesn't have tons of time to play and/or can only play in small increments when they get a break from RL.

This is not an issue for this crowd while leveling up. It's actually quite enjoyable and relaxing to jump on for 45min-1hr if you can find the play time and work on leveling up a character,. Why? Because you can make meaningful progress in that amount of time.

Once you are leveled, geared, and want to start getting into the end game/RVR, the experience is quite a bit different. It can take the whole 45min-1hr window you have to play just to form a group. So, if you know you don't have the time to form a proper group you are left with the option of solo or small man. Solo/small man has a tendency to become quite frustrating in its own right by getting killed by greater numbers the majority of the time.

I think you combat this by offering very strong rewards for attainable RvR quests (kill X players, etc). My first thought would be to have a high reward daily and weekly quest. This gives you the chance to earn some good RPs every day, and if it's a good week where you get to play a bit more than usual, maybe you have time to complete the weekly for a very good RP reward.
The people with more playtime will still be getting the majority of their RPs/RRanks from kills and time spent RVRing, but this would give the people that don't have as much time a strong incentive to keep playing once the RR gap starts to widen and population starts dropping.
cash
Wanderer
Wanderer

I think the Devs of eden are skilled enough to take over the shard battle especially with seasons. I agree, end game motivation is the main hurdle. The participation awards on phx kept the flow of ppl coming into rvr zones and motivated consistent connection to the server... with the deserter quests, if there was a 5 man roaming the quests and you could only find 2-3 late night, then your choices were keep dying with 0 reward for your time or log off even though you have time to play
Effectus
Esquire
Esquire

Increase RP per kill and rewards!!

Make templates easier!!

The RvR is what everyone is after!! Giving more reward and allowing players to keep up at a great system the DEVS built will go along way!!
Send It.