Realm Loyalty, /RP off, and pop bonuses

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Doublefrost
Wanderer
Wanderer

Realm Loyalty, /RP off, and pop bonuses

First of all, great work on Eden. Most of the qol and other things were well thought out and executed well.

But I will list the things I disagree with and say why.

Realm loyalty rewards are insignificant. And I do think realm loyalty is very important to server longevity. When there isn't loyalty, it is negative and it infects the realm. Seeing the relics in trouble and people TOTALLY indifferent is discouraging. The way I would do it is to include 0-10% bonus RPs, AND a negative 0-10% penalty to the other 2 realms.

Disable /RP off, and disable solo kills/wings in BGs. You don't know how many times I've seen a solo or duo kill so many people in the BGs. And then I never see these victims again, like they quit the game. These people have hundreds or thousands of kills and its essentially griefing. I got my 9 year old daughter to play with me, and I decided to have her learn RvR in the BGs. Turns out that the BGs are less casual than NF, at least until more recently. Will these elitists leave the server if this change is made? Yes, but it is a good thing to remove the small number of people who will have it no other way than winning every fight.

Enable NF population RP bonuses (just like Phoenix did). I'm noticing that one realm will have more ppl and just always win, and it perpetuates and it just stays like that all day. This is tied in with Realm Loyalty because I wonder if ppl are just logging to the realm with more ppl and/or their favorite bg leader is leading. And the bonus should lag behind 30 mins (so that the bonus doesn't just dissapear when ppl decide to go into NF because of the bonus). Yes, this can work against Realm Loyalty since people can just log into the realm with the greatest bonus, but for the people who are against the odds going against a greater force, the pop bonus is a consolation.
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Realm Loyalty, /RP off, and pop bonuses

Nobody is forcing you to go to the bgs. Why should anyone else's play style and fun be ruined because it doesn't match yours? It's a bg, most people level up and leave. There are quests outside of them so they're not really needed anyway.
Doublefrost
Wanderer
Wanderer

I agree with you in principal, that if you don't want to risk dying in a rvr zone, don't pve in a rvr zone.
"Why should anyone else's play style and fun be ruined because it doesn't match yours?" I'm being practical here. My point is that the current rules promote a very small number of players to basically grief other players. A very small minority of players ruin other players' play style. So yeah, other people can make MP armor, SC, max out all toa bonuses for a thid toon, and compete. But the average person will not do that.
Now, much of the problem is removed after the recent changes. But its still happening.
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

Doublefrost wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:39 pm I agree with you in principal, that if you don't want to risk dying in a rvr zone, don't pve in a rvr zone.
"Why should anyone else's play style and fun be ruined because it doesn't match yours?" I'm being practical here. My point is that the current rules promote a very small number of players to basically grief other players. A very small minority of players ruin other players' play style. So yeah, other people can make MP armor, SC, max out all toa bonuses for a thid toon, and compete. But the average person will not do that.
Now, much of the problem is removed after the recent changes. But its still happening.
They took away the ability to get a template in bgs. You probably still can, but you can't go nuts capping everything. Just another bad decision that caused people to quit.
Doublefrost
Wanderer
Wanderer

If it caused people who templated for the bgs to quit, the server is better for it. Remember that the casual players are the key to server health. But they made the change too late. I think too many ppl quit from having the face the twinks in the bgs.
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

Doublefrost wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:31 am If it caused people who templated for the bgs to quit, the server is better for it. Remember that the casual players are the key to server health. But they made the change too late. I think too many ppl quit from having the face the twinks in the bgs.
No server is better off when people quit, that's a ridiculous way to view things. If people quit because of templated bg toons that's just sad. There is no reason to even go into the bgs.
Doublefrost
Wanderer
Wanderer

"No server is better off when people quit". This is a very small number of people I'm talking about here. There's only about a dozen
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

Doublefrost wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:04 am "No server is better off when people quit". This is a very small number of people I'm talking about here. There's only about a dozen
It would be better if all the crybabies that whine and cry for nerf this nerf that, change how everyone plays the game to be like me would quit. If people wouldn't be such pansies and get butthurt for what someone else does, especially in a damn video game, the world would be such a better place.
Janclode - Morbraz
Esquire
Esquire

je pense comme toi doublegel
récompenser la fidelité de royaume
pénaliser beaucoup plus les traites
TyGeR
Esquire
Esquire

I agree with both sides of this debate. EVERYONE should get to play the game any way they see fit. If they want to make a toon an play the BGs every day they should have that option. ANYONE, that is leveling a toon (with green/blue gear, or maybe QM gear) thru the BGs shouldnt have to deal with fighting 1 or 2 temped OP toons in that they have no real chance of beating unless they out number them 5 to 1. Removing XP off would be an easy fix, but I dont think this is fair to anyone who only wants to play the BGs. So IMO, set a max stat/resist/skill cap for every BG. Crate Mythirian, or a buff you get when in the BG that will set your base stats/resist/skills to a certain level regardless of the gear you are using. This puts everyone on an equal footing when fighting in the BGs. The people that want only want to fight in the BGs get to do so, but do so knowing that whoever they fight will have equal stats and resist as they do. The people that are leveling thru the BG can do so with our the fear of getting rolled by a group of OP temped and maxed toons. It creates a fair fight for all.